Pictures of mixed patterned pintos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
So many colorful horses posted on Lauralees pattern threads, but I see many on those that are exhibiting more than one pattern. This thread is to show specifically horses with multiple pinto patterns. Here are some of mine. I am anxiously awaiting the day for the test for Splashed White to be available as well as more test(s) for multiple sabino patterns. I think those will clear up a lot of pinto pattern confusion.

Redrock Serena - Tobiano + Sabino. She is LWO negative.

2-07SerenaWorld.jpg

This is Serena's son, Redrock Lots O Spots by Redrock Incognito. He is Tobiano + Sabino. LWO negative.

TrainingLotsOSpots.jpg

Thorncreek Farms Magic Moon Dancer - Tobiano + Splashed White. LWO negative

2-07MoonDancer.jpg

Harts Tip Top Flash - Tobiano + Splashed White. LWO negative. He sires both Splashed Whites, Tobianos and a mix of both.

9-04FlashLiz.jpg

I am so glad you started this thread Becky. I was hoping to show off my favorites.

First, my pride and joy, Bears Snips Illustration (a.k.a. Bandit).

nash002005.jpg

nash007019.jpg

Bandit is Tobiano (though not homozygous), Splashed White (off centered face white and blue eyes), and Sabino (roaning throughout body, white on lower lip and jaw), and LWO negative.

Hobby Knolls Black Eyed Legend:

fktmp25_0099.jpg

Legend carries the same patterns as Bandit, Splashed White (off centered face white and blue eyes), and Sabino (roaning throughout body, white on lower lip and jaw), and LWO negative.

The following mares are all a mixture of Tobiano and Sabino. All have face white, brown eyes, white on lower lip and jaw, and jagged edges on their markings.

T & S Mini Ranch Sparkles And Gold:

__sparkles.jpg

Gem Dandys TJ

nash007009.jpg

Thanks for posting this Becky. Tovero patterns are the funnest ones.

Bender is Tobiano plus Splash. He tested negative for LWO:

mindbender.jpg

Feather is Tobiano plus LWO plus Sabino, and who knows, maybe Splash too! Brown eyes on this girl. She has been tested heterozygous for Tobiano, and is LWO positive.

feather3.jpg

Snip has been tested homozygous for Tobiano, and she has two blue eyes, therefore carries Splash. Both parents are LWO negative.

snip2.jpg

Envy tested LWO negative, although her dam is LWO positive and a homozygous Tobiano. So, Envy is Tobiano plus Splash.

envy2.jpg

Skye is homozygous for Tobiano, and LWO positive. She also has black eyeliner around those blue eyes. I suspect she carries Sabino. She definitely carries Splash also, as Envy was her foal from a totally solid stallion.

photos14.jpg

All our Tobianos are mixed with something. Here is our stallion, SRF Buckshot:

buckshot_spring_06.jpg

He is LWO- so I am guessing he is tobiano plus splash. Because he is LWO-, none of the others have been tested for frame.

Aloha Acres Fashion by Magic (sired by FWF Blue Boys Magic Man a homozygous tobiano):

princess_july_06.jpg

She has a small star which you can't see in the photo (photo by Ellen Leffingwell), so I am guessing she is tobiano plus splash.

Mochas CC Rubies & Pearls:

ruby.jpg

She may be tobiano plus frame, as she has Rowdy blood and a wide blaze. She also has roaning, but I think that is from her grandsire, Roan Ranger, and not sabino.

Our gelding, SRF Masters Touch:

cowboy_jumping_250.jpg

He may be tobiano plus frame because his sire is a LWO+ tovero. Since he is a gelding we haven't had him tested. His black & white sire has a similar pattern to this except a lot more facial white. HIS sire and dam were both solid - i.e. 2 solids produced a LWO+ tovero. That sire (our mini's grand sire) was a Rowdy son.

The greatest majority of our non-solid horses are toveros - a few of the 2006 babies

Amazing Grace

l3_small.jpg

Raindance

magic06filly02_small.jpg

Cloudy

bluestar06colt01_small.jpg

Fireworks

b1_small.jpg

Stand

dreamer06filly_small.jpg

I was hoping to show off my favorites.

First, my pride and joy, Bears Snips Illustration (a.k.a. Bandit).

nash002005.jpg

nash007019.jpg

Bandit is Tobiano (though not homozygous), Splashed White (off centered face white and blue eyes), and Sabino (roaning throughout body, white on lower lip and jaw), and LWO negative.
Freeland, I can see why he's one of your favorites. He's one of mine too. I just love to look at this guy, he has such interesting markings.
default_wub.png
:

Ericas Oohhzz And Aahzzz is a bay tobiano + sabino, homozygous for black:

OzzyRight3WichitaApr06Lightened.jpg

His sabino roaning close-up:

OzzysRoaningCloseupMay05smaller.jpg

Reflections What A Star, sorrel tobiano + sabino (+ splash?). She has two blue eyes which aren't visible in these pictures:

WhatAStarJuly05cropped.jpg

And Redrock C Me Now, a bay tobiano + splash, with two blue eyes:

Noah2006LittleHousePhotomedium.jpg

Oh I got lots of these! What about appy patterns anybody going to do that??

Tattoo........homozgyous breeding stallion.

tattoo-r.jpg

tattoo05-h.jpg

Fantasia

fantasia.jpg

Mercedies....

mercedes02.jpg

littlestar1.jpg

emblem3.jpg

Ok - I am still confused!
default_frusty.gif
:

I see some medicine hats - I dont know why but i thought they were Overo's for some reason - so they are tobiano's also? or Tovero's..? or Tobiano + sabino?

This is my new filly, Tam, the colour on her head is the only colour on her body apart from a spot on her dock (which i can only tell because of a few black hairs through her tail). I am yet to upload any body shots onto a server, so just have this one for now.

Her sire is a chestnut Medicine Hat, and mum is a solid Taffy (think its called Silver in US lol). Her breeders think she is Taffy (or Silver) but i think she is just black/brown.. she has 2 blue eyes also.

So if i were to colour test her, what should I have her tested for?? LOL

Tam.jpg

This is Crayonbox Wild River Canyon, Tobiano + Sabino, not tested for LWO yet.

Canyon.trot.1-21-06.jpg

Canyon.frnt.wb.4-04.jpg

Also have a question on my snowcap stallion, he has one blue eye and blaze that goes off to the side, I'm thinking I should test him for LWO, do you pinto experts agree?

Bingo.trt.1.9-25-05.jpg

Ok - I am still confused!
default_frusty.gif
:

I see some medicine hats - I dont know why but i thought they were Overo's for some reason - so they are tobiano's also? or Tovero's..? or Tobiano + sabino?

This is my new filly, Tam, the colour on her head is the only colour on her body apart from a spot on her dock (which i can only tell because of a few black hairs through her tail). I am yet to upload any body shots onto a server, so just have this one for now.

Her sire is a chestnut Medicine Hat, and mum is a solid Taffy (think its called Silver in US lol). Her breeders think she is Taffy (or Silver) but i think she is just black/brown.. she has 2 blue eyes also.

So if i were to colour test her, what should I have her tested for?? LOL

Tam.jpg
Latika, I think you are trying to make this more difficult than it is. A horse does not have to be just one pattern. As a matter of fact, MOST horses are MORE than one pattern. When you combine TObiano with ANY oVERO, you get a TOVERO. Tovero is NOT a gene of its own. It is a combination of TObianbo and oVERO. So, to answer your first question, I would say that ALMOST all Medicine Hats are TOVEROS and none of them Tobiano only (although it would be POSSIBLE to be Overo only).

In regards to your filly, it sounds like her dam is Silver Black. I see no need to test her for color. If her sire was indeed Chestnut and not Silver Bay, she has to be heterozygous Black/Red, getting the Red gene from her sire and the Black from her dam. If her sire is actually a Silver Bay, then she COULD be homozygous for Black. She cannot carry Silver or it would show on Black. She cannot carry Agouti or it would show on Black.

Due to the Blue eyes, I would test her for Frame (LWO) before breeding her to any untested stallion, but I really expect the blue eyes to be due to Splashed White (off center face markings). She obviously carries Tobiano but you may want to test her to see if she is homozygous for that. She may well have Sabino also.

You may want to read Lewella's posts on the other color threads. She can explain it much better than I.

I think she is BEAUTIFUL!

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY, a color thread I can join! :aktion033: I love Toveros!! Here are mine:

Country Star Rosie Flores - Tobiano x Sabino X Splash

1DSC_2280_edited.JPG

Rosie's filly: Pondering Oaks Apache Rose - Tovero X Tobiano

patches020507c.jpg

Heaven's Gate Special Design - Tobiano x ? Mare appears to be solid black but Design has more than Tobiano going on. Haven't tested her.

designcocclaremore.jpg

don't know why they aren't showing up.
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back