Pictures, some happy and two sad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BFS_Simon_Says

Reaction score
I'll start off with my happy pictures

Nolan015.jpg

Nolan086.jpg

Nolan164.jpg

My newest addition to my stray animal collection

Nolan287.jpg

Nolan289.jpg

And the bad thing that happened during the night

Nolan291.jpg

Nolan292.jpg

A big thanks will have to go to my vet for coming out at 4 in the morning. It was quite a fright I had when I went down to feed the horses before I went to work and there's a big blob hanging of my pretty boy's face. 9 stitches later his eyeslid is stitched back on.

OMG what happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: poor baby
default_sad.png
you must of have such a shock,is the eye going to be okay?.....aww prayers for the poor thing
default_sad.png

My vet did a dye test to his eye and there aren't any scratches on the cornea and he has his vision so everything is okay there. We assume he either got hooked on something in the stall...soemthing that I just can't see or kind, or Simon bit him split the eyelid open some and then Spirit rubbed it off. Either way my poor boy was not very pretty this morning when I found him.

Oh....poor baby. I hope it heals quickly. I think they can hurt themselves in a padded room!!

kareng

Looks gross but getting the Vet so early in the morning when you discovered it, I'm sure everything will be fine. They always look worse than they are so good luck and keep us posted.

OMG I am so glad your boy is OK..and big BRAVO to the vet..where do you live ? I'd like to have that vet!

Was a bucket handle? Fence? Any way to know?

Please post pictures as he heals so we can see how he comes out. Give him a hug for me.

Maxine

His bucket handles have rubbed ends on them, and I went all over the stall feeling for anything that could catch him and didn't feel anything. But horses seem to find a way to always hurt themselves. I live in Nova Scotia and my vet lives 45 minutes from me, I'm really happy that he could make it out that early and not be cranky with me for calling that eary. I'll keep everyone posted as he progresses.

We had the same thing happen to our junior stallion, DunIT. Exact same cause but on the oposite eyelid. He gets his stitches out this afternoon.

Your other pictures look great and I'm gonna have to show my husband the pictures of your new dog. We used to have an aussie x border collie many years ago who looked just like your new one!
default_wub.png
:

Poor thing!

The eye area though is a quick and good healer- the swelling and cut always makes it look alarming- of course what you did was absolutely right and exactly what I did in the same situation, but the Vet told me it would be healed without a scar withing three weeks- I did not/could not believe him but he was right- I put a fly mask on her, by the way- not just so no flies could get at it but it made her very aware of her head and she was super careful.

Glad you caught it so early and that your vet was able to come right out to treat it.

When this same thing happened to my horse a couple of years ago, I had to keep a fly mask on him for quite awhile. He kept rubbing and rubbing his hurt eye on anything he could find. By the time I took the fly mask off for good, it almost had a hole rubbed out of it over his hurt eye. I guess it got itchy while it was healing!!

Latest posts

Back