who has Homozygous pintos? Post pics!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinRTrueJoy

Reaction score
I have two absolutely beautiful homozygous sorrel pinto mares, one has blue eyes( Bought from Marnie... she is my favorite mare, thanks Marnie!)

I just sold my homozygous stallion as 2 stallions here were one too many. (After 3 years of getting a long great, they started fighting)

My stallion was a gorgeous black pinto with blue eyes and homozygous too.

Well, I want a mare just like him, I found a full sister to him but she isn't for sale and anyway, I really don't have any money now, BUT if I can sell all the ones that I would want to sell, then I can shop for real.

I dream about a black pinto mare, with at least one blue eyes, no bigger than 30" and super friendly too, not asking for much am I?

Do you have any homozygous black pinto mares? Post them so I can drool please?

What do you dream about?

i love them too!!

heres diamond 2 days before foaling last year. Feel sure shes homozygous but not tested. Last years foal was a loud pinto. She has tons of paw prints on her other side. Shes due next month

diamond425-255x217.jpg

Star not tested but feel sure shes homozygous for pinto and maybe black. Every horse in her pedigree generation after generation is black and white pinto
default_smile.png

StarrifzDM05-258x206.jpg

Last but certainly not least lol is flirt. Getitia and I both feel shes homozygous for pinto. I should get all these mares tested!

flirt-392x282.jpg

Robin, I think we have the same kind of dreams. I love the Pintos (even though most of my mares are Solids) I had a couple tested that I thought sure were homozygous, but they weren't. Finally, I got a homozygous filly from Bandit and my Peppy Power grand daughter. Not Black though. I was totally shocked when I got a Palomino from my B/W stallion and a Sorrel/White mare.

nash004003.jpg

nash005006.jpg
nash005005.jpg

Hi Robin

Here is one of my favorite pics of our black and white Homozygous mare and her 05' Homozygous colt

Wolfpens Painted Lace & Eagles Ring Toyhorse I'm Smokin'

newpicsmallersmokin.jpg

and here is our new Homozygous mare we also got from MARNIE

Squires Montana Foxy Illusion

3-05FoxyIllusion.jpg

Montanas 06' filly

Eagles Ring Fiestas Gypsy Dreamer

gypsyclipped039.jpg

Lori

Last edited by a moderator:
This little girl tested homozygous for the tobiano gene. Her name is Two Bitz Chasing a Dream. She is sired by HCM Warpaints Hi Tech and her dam is Scott Creek Ice Queen. Dream looks bay and white in this photo, but she clipped out black and white. Janet Day

Dream4.jpg

071606PrettyJubee.jpg

Jubilee is a 32" lab tested homozygous silver bay pinto, with blue eyes. She is a 4 year old maiden, now in foal to Trouble for a 2007 delivery!

7-5-03Skye.jpg

Skye is a 31" lab tested homozygous buckskin pinto, that also tests positive for LWO and has a bald face with two blue eyes. She is 5 this year (pardon the old picture!) and just had her first foal, a bald faced blue eyed black tovero filly!

071606Ashleybunched.jpg

I'll bet my hat that this little gal is homozygous. Ashley is a 2 year old 31" sooty buckskin pinto daughter of Lucky 17 Cowboy (homozygous) and out of a tobiano mare. When I update my website, I will be offering Ashley for sale. I am wondering if I should go ahead and test her before I price her....Notice the lovely drought we are having....

Here's one of our Girls with Wanalynn! This is Zachary Farms Good Golly Miss Molly! :aktion033:

Molly2.jpg

I've only had this mare for about 2-3 weeks now and still haven't seen her pedigree, but I have a strong suspicion that she is homozgous.

P1010023.jpg

rosaandemily14.jpg

P1010018.jpg

I plan on breeding her to my silver bay pinto stallion on her next heat cycle...what do you think she'd throw?

Here's the stallion (doubt he's homozgous as both his sire and dam have thrown solids before).

P1010028.jpg

P1010031.jpg

Erin

Oooohhhh, Robin! Have I got some homozygous pintos for you!! :bgrin

This is JEM Vegas Lady 32.50". Homozygous for tobiano and black. She is in foal for 2007 to McSperitts Rowdy Night Image 28.75" black frame overo.

Vegas5.jpg

This is Vegas' 2006 filly, Redrock Caribbean Breeze by Redrock Ahoy Captain SOS 29.75". Homozygous tobiano and likely black. If she doesn't sell, Breeze will likely be on my show string next year.

Breeze3.jpg

This is Redrock Santa Maria, 2006 filly by Redrock Ahoy Captain SOS 29.75" and out of Pocket Pistols Misty Moonlight 32.75". Homozygous tobiano and likely homozygous for black as well. She is for sale.

6-06SantaMaria2.jpg

This is Pocket Pistols Misty Moonlight 32.75" greyed out black tovero. Homozygous for tobiano. She is the dam of Santa Maria above. Misty is bred to Redrock Incognito for 2007. She is for sale.

8-05MistyMoonlight1.jpg

This is Lowes Sabrina 30.50" grulla homozygous tobiano mare. She is in foal to Harts Tip Top Flash for 2007.

7-06Sabrina1.JPG
Maybe for sale after she foals next year.

This is a yearling filly, Lil Miracle Believe In Me, 29" and homozygous for tobiano.

7-06BelieveInMe2.jpg

See, I could help fulfill your dreams!
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

I have several homozygous horses. And in fact I have a very pretty homozygous black bay pinto filly that is looking for a new home.

Here are 3 of the known homozygous horses I have. First is mother then her two daughters.

Riv_head.jpg

mercedes02.jpg

prissy1.jpg

We have 3 others I suspect are homozygous but have not tested them.

here is one of them.

She has lots of paw prints, is out of two black and whites(homozygous stallion) and has two bright blue eyes.

fantasia05f.jpg

An important fact to keep in mind is that paw prints does NOT guarantee homozygosity. I have had two with paw prints that I thought sure were homozygous, but they did not test to be. I have also seen others that were nearly solid (just a white sock) that DID test homozygous. The characteristics can be decieving. The only way to know for sure is to have them tested.

An important fact to keep in mind is that paw prints does NOT guarantee homozygosity. I have had two with paw prints that I thought sure were homozygous, but they did not test to be. I have also seen others that were nearly solid (just a white sock) that DID test homozygous. The characteristics can be decieving. The only way to know for sure is to have them tested.
I agree with Freeland 100%! A 2005 filly I sold tested heterozygous by two different labs even though she had several ink spots on top of her back! All of the fillies/mares I posted pictures of have been lab tested to be homozygous.

I'll put a few on and for those who don't know, the test is just mane hair, $25 and about a wks worth of waiting, they email you the results and then send the certificate.

First is one of my stallions, Cheyenne

cheyenne6-1-05-1.jpg

Next is my other stud, Image

Image6-1-06.jpg

Then is a mare, Sunset Ridge Sugar Pie Honey Bunch

ImagesMares6-1-06.jpg

and then I have Precious Prissy, excuse the clip, it was just to get the hot hair off for her comfort and legs left with hair on purpose for fly control! Her momma is homozygous too but I tested her just for the proof and the certificate, sire is my Cheyenne.

PrissyJuly06.jpg

Back