Color Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgtman

Reaction score
I just purchased Redrock Flash Out, a son of Harts Tip Top Flash. He is solid white with crystal blue eyes that have pink around them and a black mark on each side of his muzzle. His registration papers list him as a Chestnut Pinto. I believe I need to change his color when I transfer him but not sure what to list. His DNA test results show Homozygous Negative for LWO and Homozygous Positive for the Red Factor. I know what the negative LWO means but what does the Homozygous Positive for the Red Factor mean. :eek: His picture and his sires picture is attached. Thanks Redrock Flash Out
483_pic.JPG
th_483_pic.JPG
Harts Tip Top Flash
9-04FlashLiz.jpg

Jep he is a chestnut ee.

And he does not carry LWO so he cannot produce frame overo´s, he is probably an (almost) max sabino, and likely also splash.

I would say that the registered color is correct. He may not look red but that's just because he has so much white.

Congratulations on your purchase, Bob! :aktion033: Flash Out is indeed a chestnut pinto. I don't believe he carries tobiano, although you could have him tested. He is a maximum expression splashed white overo. I went around and round with AMHA to get him registered as chestnut pinto as genetically he is that. I wouldn't change his color on his papers. You ought to get some very colorful foals by him!
default_smile.png

Here is Flash Outs' full sister I am showing this year as a yearling, Redrock Flashtacular.

4-06Flashtacular.jpg

Here is Flash Outs' weanling full sister, Redrock Solar Flare.

SolarFlare3reduced.jpg

As you can see, they definitely are splashed white overos! And Flash Out is indeed chestnut as both sire and dam are chestnut.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your purchase, Bob! :aktion033: Flash Out is indeed a chestnut pinto. I don't believe he carries tobiano, although you could have him tested. He is a maximum expression splashed white overo. I went around and round with AMHA to get him registered as chestnut pinto as genetically he is that. I wouldn't change his color on his papers. You ought to get some very colorful foals by him!
default_smile.png

Here is Flash Outs' full sister I am showing this year as a yearling, Redrock Flashtacular.

4-06Flashtacular.jpg

Here is Flash Outs' weanling full sister, Redrock Solar Flare.

SolarFlare3reduced.jpg

As you can see, they definitely are splashed white overos! And Flash Out is indeed chestnut as both sire and dam are chestnut.
Thanks! That clears up several questions. Nothing like hearing it from the Horses Mouth or in this case the Breeders!
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back