Cayuse

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Interests:Big Horses
    Little Horses
    and Ponies!!!

Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:49 PM

My Kingston metal cart is a wee bit tight in the leg room department for me. I have fairly long legs and I can feel it in my hips after I go for a drive. I like to drive with one foot braced against the front of the cart as I feel more secure that way, but if I do, I'm a little scrunched. If I could move the seat back about two inches, it would be perfect, but that's not an option with my cart.
I am looking online for cart and since I can't sit in them, I guess I will need to get measurements of the "footbox" to compare with my cart. Does anyone know were to measure to check for leg room on a pleasure cart? Would it be the seat height, or width across the bottom where your feet go, that you would measure? Or a combo of the two?
Thanks!

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#2 Peggy P

Peggy P

Habit Forming

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:19 PM

If you are happy with everything else about the Kingston, perhaps a less expensive and easier option to buying a new cart would be to add a wedge to your seat. This would open up your hip angle a bit, and give you a more secure seat. Google “carriage wedge seat” for some examples.
  • Cayuse likes this
Peggy
proud Mom of:
Sundance Kid 1993 36" mini AMHR
Butch Cassidy 2004 (?) 38" VSE rescue
Festins Pharoh 1997 OTTB 16.3H

#3 Cayuse

Cayuse

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Interests:Big Horses
    Little Horses
    and Ponies!!!

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:50 PM

Thank you! I love my cart, Peanut loves his cart ☺ too! I will look into a wedge.
We are looking for another cart for my other mini and that suggestion opens the door for us to get another Kingston. I have found another cart that I like the looks of, but sometimes sticking with what you know is the easiest option.
The funny thing is my husband is taller than I am by about 6 inches, and he looks like a tight fit in the cart, yet he is comfortable.
  • Peggy P likes this

#4 Northwolf

Northwolf

Habit Forming

• PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Horses and Ponys, Driving, Sports (Running), Hiking

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:09 AM

Yes, I would recommend a wedge seat too. I have a carriage with a very low seat (it's made for children size, I think), not very comfortable for me. I added a wedge and now it works :)

My new carts have adjustable seats, I would never buy a cart without adjustable seat.

• Cayuse likes this
Instagram @woelfchen86

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users