Pot Bellied Gelding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I think I will try him on a soy free diet and see if that helps (I know I bloat up when I eat soy...) and do a 5-day safeguard I think, just in case! We have introduced a new horse since his fecal was done so theyd all probably benefit from a power pack.

A client of mine sells medicine bag complete so I think Ill switch him to that from the grow n win and give him some Coolstance to help supplement protein if he needs it.

That's what I was thinking Mona...probably coulda used another dose of the gold 30 days later, and I would do the purge on any new horse most especially one that looked that unthrifty.

ps dont forget the probiotics!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm definitely doing the 5 day power pak in the next few months, after my pin worm ordeal.

I think yours is a handsome boy. No horse is perfect. He sounds as though he is pretty close to that, so if all you have is a little belly, I think you are lucky. Enjoy!

btw, if your vet did the dental float, you might ask if he was able to get to all the molars in the back. Most vets cannot. Their tools are too large. I hauled mine 2 hours one way for a few years to a vet who was supposed to be great working on mini teeth. Then I began to use an equine dentist. Lo and behold, my horses had large points in the very back.

Latest posts

Back