Photo

Trying something new (for me)

8 replies to this topic

#1 dixie_belle

dixie_belle

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:my four mini's, mini-donkey, quilting, reading, painting, puzzles and cooking

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:08 PM

Once upon a time, many years ago, I used to sew clothes for my daughters.  Once they got big, they wanted dresses with "tags" on them like everyone else, so I switched to quilting.  I haven't used my sewing machine for anything other than quilts for...well....more years than I will readily admit to.  (ahem)  But I decided to take a break from quilting and try something a tad different.  So, here is my Easter bunny.  Actually, he will probably go live with the little girl across the street at Easter.  But, it was nice to do a little something different.  I think I'll try making one with some really soft terry fabric.  Which will mean a trip to Joann's.  (I hate when that happens......NOT)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1454.JPG

• Debby - LB, chandab and Cayuse like this
Mini and Me Farm - home of Spot, Fluffy, Peanut, Fudge and Festus

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#2 Debby - LB

Debby - LB

Someone just shoot me!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:39 PM

that's just precious!

• chandab likes this

Lil Beginnings Miniature Horse & Pony ...The Original Small Horse Social Network - since 1997 helping you promote your business down the street or across the globe!
Small Horse Connect Miniature Horse farm and related business directory - all things related to small equine....are you connected?

BowensDesign.com - Equine Web Design

The mind is a tricky thing. Biased by your experience, it colors and shapes your reality, manufacturing broad sweeping beliefs from small, questionable, points of data.

Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

#3 Cayuse

Cayuse

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Interests:Big Horses
    Little Horses
    and Ponies!!!

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

Love those flowery ears!

#4 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,536 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:33 PM

Did you make your own pattern? It looks cuddly.

#5 dixie_belle

dixie_belle

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:my four mini's, mini-donkey, quilting, reading, painting, puzzles and cooking

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:34 AM

Make my own pattern?  Now THAT'S funny.  No, I purchased it at Joann's.  It's got a couple of different animals and I may try some different ones, just for fun.  I actually have no use for it (no kiddos here at the house) but the pictures on the pattern looked cute so I thought I'd give it a try.  I'm not super thrilled with it as I think it looks like it was made by a toddler.  But, my actual sewing skills are really rusty.  It was nice, however, to be able to actually start and finish a project in a day.  My quilts take months. 

• chandab likes this

#6 Miniv

Miniv

I just can't help myself :-)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:45 PM

Now that is ADORABLE!!!

Miniature Ventures -- Larry & Maryann Cerullo -- <a href="http://www.miniature...eventures.com/" target="_blank">http://www.miniature...ntures.com/</a>
Breeding for the continuous improvement of the miniature horse AND miniature classic Arenosa Shetland in athletic ability and beauty. Relocated to beautiful Powell Butte, Oregon in 2005! Come visit!

Our posts are only our opinions or based from our experiences since 1990 as miniature horse owners/breeders. Please take our advice or leave it.....It's a FREE country (last I checked!).

** "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. Protect the rights of all who are helpless."
Proverbs 31:8 **

#7 Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:18 PM

That is very cute. I know you said No kiddos around to give it too but if you had a local hospital around , I am sure that would bring the BIGGEST smile to a kids face.

The are some very artistically talented people on LB and you are most certainly one of them. :)

• Miniv likes this

TayJay Miniature Horses

Victoria , Australia 

#8 dixie_belle

dixie_belle

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

So, I take my little bunny to my local quilt guild meeting and the very first comment I hear is "who ran over the bunny?"  Sigh.  My first thought was "hey, give me a break....it's my first non quilt thing" and then I had to laugh.  It does look like someone ran over the bunny.  LOL

• chandab likes this

#9 chandab

chandab

LB Forum Elite Member!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,239 posts
  • Interests:Horses and Quilting

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:17 PM

So, I take my little bunny to my local quilt guild meeting and the very first comment I hear is "who ran over the bunny?"  Sigh.  My first thought was "hey, give me a break....it's my first non quilt thing" and then I had to laugh.  It does look like someone ran over the bunny.  LOL

There is always a smart aleck in the bunch. This bunny is very cute, and someone (several someones) will love it.
  • Miniv and PintoPalLover like this
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Bonny, Dolly, Baybe, Bliss, and Sophia
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users