Driving Hours 2018

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15 minutes ground driving Cappy then 10 minutes hitched to the cart. First time driving him in the cart this year.

15 minutes ground driving Cappy then 10 minutes hitched to the cart. First time driving him in the cart this year.

He is a nicely proportioned little fella. He really looks like a small horse, doesn't he? Glad the bridle fit ☺!
I think he is looking much better than when I got him. He had very little muscle then. He is standing better and his chest has expanded. No hip bones showing now. He frequently poses himself like a foundation shetland.

The bridle did not fit; It was way too long. I had to totally remove one strap and do new holes. It took me several tries to get the sizing right. But it now seems to be working fine. Now all my bridles have their own bits and each horse has an open and driving.

I had to trim the ends off of Cappy's bridle too, fortunately it was made so it was possible to do so. I bought an A size, but the cheek peices were probably long enough for a regular pony. The rest fit fine.

Can I p!ease get 45 minutes of driving Cappy added to the list MC?

It would be 15 minutes on Friday and 30 for Saturday.

Both hitched. Thanks! I hope you get your carts back soon so you can drive Clem ☺

Glad to see everyone getting out for spring driving. I'm going to go batty without my carts here. I think I can get one up here by next weekend. If my folks have room in the bed of the truck when they bring the rest of the big horse herd up for the season.

OHHHHHH it's blistering here.   matt (my son) just put fans in all the stallls .  no camping yet.  matt is having a hard time reaching the lady who organizes them.   im ready to go though.

50 minutes gor Charlie and 40 minutes doe daisy.  yesterday    and 55 minutees for charlie and 25 minutes for daisy today.

You can trot 15 minutes??  I'm impressed!!

HE can trot 15 minutes, lol. I hobble and hop and gimp my way through most of it. I'm not a "pretty mover" anymore!  When I get winded I make him circle  around me so I can recover.  My hubby was out with me yesterday and commented on how much running I did  (and hopping and gimping...)  He said it looked like more fun and better exercise than a treadmill :).  Boy did I pay for it though,  after I sat down last night my hips seized up!   

Last edited by a moderator:
last week was such a wonderful week! :)  I enjoyed a few days of holidays and drove a lot...

friday, may 4: 2 hours for Massai/Moony (team)
sunday, may 6: 70 minutes for Massai/Moony
monday: 30 minutes for Massai/Teddy (team)
tuesday: 50 minutes for Moony (single)
wednesday: 90 minutes for Massai/Moony (team)
thursday: 50 minutes Massai (single) and 40 minutes Teddy (single)
sunday, may 13: 70 minutes for Massai/Moony (team)

OHHHHHH it's blistering here.   matt (my son) just put fans in all the stallls .  no camping yet.  matt is having a hard time reaching the lady who organizes them.   im ready to go though.

50 minutes gor Charlie and 40 minutes doe daisy.  yesterday    and 55 minutees for charlie and 25 minutes for daisy today.
I was looking back through the driving day topic.  You were working with a team of Rosco and Charlie. 

yes, u r right, but

rosco kept running away with us , dragging charlieand me along...   rosco doesnt live with us anymore.  i traded rosco for Daisy.  the person who traded with me was a previous owner of rosco and thought he could fix him.

Latest posts

Back