Driving Hours 2018

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cold here too! We have down to 5 degree and a very icy north east wind... So I don't wanted to freeze on the cart and hitched the ponies only for a short drive on saturday. BUT I introduced Moony to the team, finally!!

50 minutes for the team Massai/Moony
default_smile.png

Temps were in the mid 40s today, so we actually went for a longer drive. Through the subdivision, then back out on the main road for 1/4 mile. We went over the bridge , the water was fairly high and quite rapidly flowing, but Butch was perfect. Turned around at the intersection, then back over the bridge and then back through the subdivision. A very relaxing day.

Butch Cassidy

50 mins

Peggy, is that a mule I see? I can't quite tell but whatever it is, it sure is cute!

Isn't it nice the weather is better!
Actually, she's a standard donkey. Not really broke to ride, but likes to go out with the group and cooperates nicely. No saddle or bridle, just her halter and lead rope. And a "no fear" teenager!

Another warm day, so another day to drive. Unfortunately, a cold front came through and took the sun with it, so it was a balmy 40* by the time I was harnessed and hitched. A quick jaunt through the subdivision in the sprinkling mist was enough for us.

Sundance Kid

40 minutes

Weather here is like an early spring! 40s and breezy. I know we will probably get at least a few more snows and more cold, but I am taking advantage of it. I’m still tweaking my new-to-me harness. I think I really like the comfy fit euro collars. I may use this harness for both singles and pairs; I think I have it set up so that I can switch back and forth from single to pair in only a few minutes. That will make for a lot less “stuff”. (Yes, I am a tack hoarder, trying to reform!)

Butch Cassidy

30 mins

Another breezy spring day. Sundance Kid and I went out with April leading Raina on Booboo, and Lizzy and Allison on their bikes. Through the subdivision with a stop to visit our friend Mary and her two girls. I love how bikes whizzing by doesnt even cause an ear flick.

Sundance Kid

75mins

AE3C1A40-306E-49A6-A1C1-C38548882CBB.jpeg

Zorro has another 2 hours of long lining and Sky has 35 minutes of long lining as well! I'm hoping to get out in the sled a bit today!! We have enough snow and the sun is shining
default_472.gif

Another breezy spring day. Sundance Kid and I went out with April leading Raina on Booboo, and Lizzy and Allison on their bikes. Through the subdivision with a stop to visit our friend Mary and her two girls. I love how bikes whizzing by doesnt even cause an ear flick.

Sundance Kid

75mins
Does Sundance have roaning, or is the white on his face due to his age? Mine will be 21 this year and I'm seeing a lot of gray on him now.

Latest posts

Back