Driving Hours 2018

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50 minutes ground driving Buckly.  Haven't been out in a while so it was interesting. Were able to approach a scary combine.  Some road work and obstacles.  He has such a variety of gaits; I'm so hoping to get him in the cart.  He has a trot that is almost like moving in place; I can walk behind him.  Can you picture that in a parade?

butch cassidy is very handsome.  please tell me what kind of cart that is,  it is lovely.
Thankyou, Jeannie. He is very sweet And tries very hard. That cart is called an Itebte. Made by Mike Groose from Missouri. He doesn’t make them anymore. ? It’s a bit heavy at 145 lbs, but has lots of adjustments to get good balance, and the torsion axle works great. It needs a new paint job and a bit of upholstery work on the seat back, but is really a heavy duty, comfy cart.

We were very busy with driving the last few days! I wanted to get the ponies work enough before they go to their holiday residence for the next three weeks... Yes, we will go on holiday for three weeks, we will depart on friday (oh my gosh, long time without horses, I hope I'll survive! :D).

So, the driving hours are: 

thursday, june 14: 70 minutes Massai/Teddy, ground driving Moony 30 minutes
friday: 60 minutes Massai/Moony, ground driving Teddy 40 minutes
saturday: 90 single driving with Massai, 70 minutes driving Teddy
sunday: 90 minutes Massai/Moony
monday: 70 minutes Massai/Teddy, ground driving Moony 40 minutes

I can't believe we are almost half way through the year! I need to start thinking of prizes for this years top drivers.... Feel free to send any ideas my way :)

Thanks Marsha :)

I did a last drive yesterday, 50 minutes for the team Massai/Moony. Today, I'll bring the three boys to their residence. Feeling a little bit bad about, because they will be not be worked the whole three weeks... but they'll have a large stable and pasture, and the person who's taking care of them is very hearty and gives very much effort in taking care of ponies.

I've been thinking.... How about ID tags for bridles for our top drivers this year? Would people prefer flat kind you attach to the cheekstrap with screws or the tag style that you just hang from the bridle similar to a dog ID tag?? Or does anyone have other ideas they'd like to share??? And input is much appreciated :)

The ID tags are a nice idea!  I like the hanging ones as you can remove them and put them on another bridle easier.

How many hours do we have in total?  Will we beat last year's total?  

Last edited by a moderator:
So this year we are at 85h 20m single driving. 63h team driving. 43h 15m ground driving. 

Last year's total driving was 292 but at the end of June last year we were only at 65 hours. So we are about 20 hours ahead on single driving this year.

Our total ground driving last year was 54 hours and we're already at 43.

I think it's safe to say that we'll be last years driving easy peasy. And I'm finally helping!!!! Well with ground driving anyway.

45 MIN FOR CLEMENTINE!!! (ground driving)

Latest posts

Back