Photo

Got another Government AG Survey...Grrrr.

13 replies to this topic

#11 dangerranger

dangerranger

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Location:The Exact Center of CA, 3,158 mi from the north pole.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:43 AM

I have been getting these Census letters for years, But the last two are getting very personal! I understand questions like how much land, how its used, etc  But now they want to know How much I spend on Fuel, Feed, Water, How many people do I hire? etc...

What I want to write on it is "See my tax return". Actually that was the nicest thing I wanted to write on it! DR

• Miniv, Debby - LB, jeanniecogan and 3 others like this

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#12 amysue

amysue

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Breeding miniature horses and Shetland ponies of color as well as miniature Mediterranean donkeys. Also raising pheasants and india blue peafowl, super African geese, bantam cochins and New Zealand rabbits. I enjoy training horses to jump and drive as well as riding hunter seat and saddleseat equitation.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:10 PM

I'm most bothered by the requests for names, addresses and ages of everyone involved with the farm decisions. The financials are troublesome too. Its always due before we finish our taxes and I can never fully answer the questions.
  • dangerranger likes this

~ AmySue

Ponies, Inc.

Canterbury, CT

www.poniesinc.com

#13 Debby - LB

Debby - LB

Someone just shoot me!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:15 PM

I haven't received one in a while and never got one asking for personal information. Oh my gosh I hope I don't get one. Is that legal, is it something new?

Lil Beginnings Miniature Horse & Pony ...The Original Small Horse Social Network - since 1997 helping you promote your business down the street or across the globe!
Small Horse Connect Miniature Horse farm and related business directory - all things related to small equine....are you connected?

BowensDesign.com - Equine Web Design

The mind is a tricky thing. Biased by your experience, it colors and shapes your reality, manufacturing broad sweeping beliefs from small, questionable, points of data.

Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

#14 Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:44 PM

Unless its an official census ( which we seem to have every few years here) shouldnt they already have that information?

Im so conscious of scammers requesting information of late, we are currently having an influx of callers  from slovenia , saying they are from the taxation department of Australia and that we owe money. 

Word of advice , Never answer "yes" to any questions you may feel are coming from telephone scammers. Most often than not, they have so many personal details , all they need is to record you saying "yes" and you have approved something you never knew you were approving.

• Miniv, Debby - LB, chandab and 1 other like this

TayJay Miniature Horses

Victoria , Australia 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users