Anyone decorating yet?

16 replies to this topic

#1 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:49 AM

My husband got his antique JD lighted up.  He has ordered some yellow bulbs to replace the amber ones to go around the wheels.  That should make it look more JDish.  The plow is a Case.

Attached Thumbnails

• jdlights.jpg

• Miniv, Debby - LB, Charley and 4 others like this

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#2 Miniv

Miniv

I just can't help myself :-)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,442 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:00 PM

Now that is cool, Marsha! 

No, we haven't started yet... We rarely do outside decorations. Indoor stuff we are going to be very cautious about... including the tree. Reason? We have a new kitty addition to the household who loves to jump UP on shelves, counters, tables.....etc...... We've already removed all valuable glass decor from our shelving in the livingroom and now have a spray bottle handy - ready to go.

• Cayuse likes this
Miniature Ventures -- Larry & Maryann Cerullo -- <a href="http://www.miniature...eventures.com/" target="_blank">http://www.miniature...ntures.com/</a>
Breeding for the continuous improvement of the miniature horse AND miniature classic Arenosa Shetland in athletic ability and beauty. Relocated to beautiful Powell Butte, Oregon in 2005! Come visit!

Our posts are only our opinions or based from our experiences since 1990 as miniature horse owners/breeders. Please take our advice or leave it.....It's a FREE country (last I checked!).

** "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. Protect the rights of all who are helpless."
Proverbs 31:8 **

#3 Cayuse

Cayuse

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:Big Horses
    Little Horses
    and Ponies!!!

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:41 PM

Nice tractor!
No decorations here yet. Probably this weekend. We dont decorate outside much except for a wreath on the front door and barn doors. My Husband likes to do luminaries on Christmas eve on the driveway, sidewalk and front steps. Everyone does luminaries in the next town over, each year there is more. They are beautiful to see. Peaceful.

#4 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:55 PM

Nice tractor!
No decorations here yet. Probably this weekend. We dont decorate outside much except for a wreath on the front door and barn doors. My Husband likes to do luminaries on Christmas eve on the driveway, sidewalk and front steps. Everyone does luminaries in the next town over, each year there is more. They are beautiful to see. Peaceful.

We do luminarias also on Christmas Eve.  Sometimes here is is hard to find candles.  Or, the wind is blowing a gale and we just put a couple by the doors out of the wind.

I make wreaths out of our juniper for the house and front gate. 

• Cayuse likes this

#5 Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:40 PM

Wish we could do them here but lanterns are banned unfortunately , due to fire restrictions. 

• Cayuse likes this

TayJay Miniature Horses

Victoria , Australia 

#6 MajorClementine

MajorClementine

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:29 PM

We just have a tiny home so we put red and green lights along all our roof lines (okay we only have one straight and one peak ) and then put red and green bulbs on our porch lights. Christmas tree and stockings are up and I'm in the process of knitting a Nativity for the table. We're pretty simple around here but we like it that way.

• Cayuse likes this

Happy in farm country with DH and our beautiful son
-also living with-
"Major" Black & White Pinto Gelding - Mohawk Man 
"Clementine" Bay Mare - Sassy driving mare

"Pistol" Sorrel Gelding - project horse

"Candice" Bay Pinto Mare - The Wonder Mini

#7 Cayuse

Cayuse

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:Big Horses
    Little Horses
    and Ponies!!!

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:31 PM

We cheat and use the little battery powered tea lights so there is no fire worry. They still look realistic. I put some kitty litter in a paper bag to weigh it down and put the tea light on top. I get them at the "Dollar Store" or the craft store.

Wish we could do them here but lanterns are banned unfortunately , due to fire restrictions.

Edited by Cayuse, 06 December 2017 - 08:33 PM.

• Ryan Johnson likes this

#8 MajorClementine

MajorClementine

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:51 PM

We just have a tiny home so we put red and green lights along all our roof lines (okay we only have one straight and one peak ) and then put red and green bulbs on our porch lights. Christmas tree and stockings are up and I'm in the process of knitting a Nativity for the table. We're pretty simple around here but we like it that way.

• Debby - LB and Cayuse like this

Happy in farm country with DH and our beautiful son
-also living with-
"Major" Black & White Pinto Gelding - Mohawk Man 
"Clementine" Bay Mare - Sassy driving mare

"Pistol" Sorrel Gelding - project horse

"Candice" Bay Pinto Mare - The Wonder Mini

#9 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:51 PM

Knitting a nativity??  Can we see?  I cannot tell a knit from a purl; always wanted to be a knitter.

We were introduced to luminarias when we lived in New Mexico.  I'm rather surprised to hear of the  custom being popular in New England.  We do the traditional with the paper sack, sand, and candle.  Sometimes they catch on fire but the sand seems to keep it from being a problem.  But we can't do them if it is really blowing; the candles won't stay lit.  The battery tea lights would be an option in the wind!  If Christmas came in the summer here, as in Australia, we probably couldn't do them either, especially in a dry year.  Too scary.

• Cayuse likes this

#10 Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:19 PM

Slight change of subject but has anyone experienced an "opposite season" Christmas ?  I haven't unfortunately ( well not yet anyway). A friend of mine who was from Germany was here a few years back and was quite shocked at how hot it was here.  

I think she understood why there were so many cold menu items. Id love to come to the states one Christmas for a "white Christmas" :) 

• Cayuse and PintoPalLover like this

TayJay Miniature Horses

Victoria , Australia 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users