4 replies to this topic

#1 Debby - LB

Debby - LB

Someone just shoot me!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:21 PM

The Miniature Horse World has lost an icon of the industry. Barbara Naviaux of Rodabi-J Miniatures in California passed this morning.
I worked with Barb for a little while on a project several years back. She was a very gracious woman open to sharing information about our wonderful little horses with me. I was star struck speaking with her and so very grateful for the time she took with me. From Mr. Jim Curry's public FB post today he indicated that she was "an author of many articles on equine genetics and a book on miniatures, chairperson of the AMHA committee that wrote the original Standard of Perfection, a miniature breeder and a member of both AMHA and AMHR and for many years an active member of Area Vll of AMHR and also of Valley Sierra Miniature Horse Club, also of the Norcal MHC. At various times she was newsletter editor of all three organizations. She is a great loss to the miniature world and to her many friends.".

Everyone I know who owns her Miniature Horse Book Their Care, Breeding, and Coat Colors cherishes it as I do. R.I.P. Ms. Barbara.

Lil Beginnings Miniature Horse & Pony ...The Original Small Horse Social Network - since 1997 helping you promote your business down the street or across the globe!
Small Horse Connect Miniature Horse farm and related business directory - all things related to small equine....are you connected?

BowensDesign.com - Equine Web Design

The mind is a tricky thing. Biased by your experience, it colors and shapes your reality, manufacturing broad sweeping beliefs from small, questionable, points of data.

Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#2 chandab

chandab

LB Forum Elite Member!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts
  • Interests:Horses and Quilting

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

Sad day for the mini world.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Bonny, Dolly, Baybe, Bliss, and Sophia
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

#3 madmax

madmax

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:51 AM

I am sad to hear of her passing. I only had an internet connection with her as we emailed many times discussing equine genetics.  She had a wealth of knowledge about the miniatures colors, and was helpful to me with getting my miniature mare definitely certified as a brindle. Her book on the miniatures should be on all miniature owners bookshelves.

Condolences to her family on their loss.

• Miniv and chandab like this
BRASS RING Miniature Horses ...... Driving Horses Our Specialty......
Circa 1986, breeding and showing halter Champions and driving winners, Worlds Top Tens, Championship Shows Champions, shown and trained solely by our family.

Brass Ring Excalibur aka "MAX" AMHA CHAMPION Award, Worlds Top Ten, 103 AMHA points
Mini Hoofs Bucky One AMHA CHAMPION Award, Worlds Top Ten, Register of Merit
Brass Ring Amazing Grace - AMHA Register of Merit, Worlds Top Tens Driving.
Brass Ring Mistys Irish Lullaby, Grand Champion 29"BRINDLED Black Roan Mare
......In Loving Memory......
SG TNT 1982-2009 .... Willing, Loving, Stallion, he owned me for 23 years.
Supreme Halter, Multi Grands, AMHA Register of Merit Driving, Worlds Top Tens
Multi-High Point Halter/Driving---Florida

#4 Miniv

Miniv

I just can't help myself :-)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,438 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:39 PM

Very sorry to hear this....She contributed so much to the miniature horse industry for many many years.  And her book was invaluable.

• chandab likes this
Miniature Ventures -- Larry & Maryann Cerullo -- <a href="http://www.miniature...eventures.com/" target="_blank">http://www.miniature...ntures.com/</a>
Breeding for the continuous improvement of the miniature horse AND miniature classic Arenosa Shetland in athletic ability and beauty. Relocated to beautiful Powell Butte, Oregon in 2005! Come visit!

Our posts are only our opinions or based from our experiences since 1990 as miniature horse owners/breeders. Please take our advice or leave it.....It's a FREE country (last I checked!).

** "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. Protect the rights of all who are helpless."
Proverbs 31:8 **

#5 Bluebell

Bluebell

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy being outside with the animals.

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:55 PM

That is sad. A lot of knowledge passed with her.

• Miniv likes this
Bear Valley Miniature Horse Farm
located in Minnesota.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users