Autumn here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Days are finally cooling off. I cleaned out the garden today. The green beans were still bearing a little and a few okra, but over all it was finished. Put on pelleted gypsum. This is recommended to do in the fall to help the soil. Haven't done it in a few years. Put away the garden doodads. Need to put borer crystals on the cherry tree.

This weather put me in the mood for a fall pie.

A weird thing that happens to me every fall: I had morning sickness with both boys pretty bad this time of year, and every year when it starts to cool off I get bouts. It's not so bad now after 40 years, but still mysteriously gives me a twinge. The mind is a powerful thing!

fall pie.jpg

That Pie looks amazing Marsha , Is is Apricot ? Please share the recipe, it looks wonderful
default_smile.png

Its warming up here , Ive been mowing flat out and have unpacked all the garden doodads and equipment. My Fruit trees are starting to fruit. I had one pear that struggled last year ( no fruit) but this year it has gone crazy with blossom, so I have my fingers crossed. My almond tree is always first to fruit and looks to be doing quite well so far.

Will you plant any winter veggies ?

No. I am not planting any winter things. No kale, no lettuce, no broccoli. I got so discouraged this year that I'm going to rest.

Sounds promising with the pear and almond blooming, Ryan! I have a flowering almond, but it is only ornamental. It's cool to hear about your gardening just beginning for the year. You've done a lot of work to get it ready. Keep us posted on its productivity.

The pie is pumpkin.

No. I am not planting any winter things. No kale, no lettuce, no broccoli. I got so discouraged this year that I'm going to rest.

Sounds promising with the pear and almond blooming, Ryan! I have a flowering almond, but it is only ornamental. It's cool to hear about your gardening just beginning for the year. You've done a lot of work to get it ready. Keep us posted on its productivity.

The pie is pumpkin.
I will take some photos for sure
default_smile.png

Yum sounds good, is it a sweet or savory Pie ?

I will take some photos for sure
default_smile.png

Yum sounds good, is it a sweet or savory Pie ?
Photos would be good. One of my flower beds needs to be refigured. The lace bark elm and crepe myrtle have grown so large there is more shade. I will be removing the mums and looking for something that can tolerate more shade. Always changing.

Pumpkin pie is a dessert, not a savory. The same recipe works with sweet potato. Quintessential autumn dessert.

A very large one showed up lately. I was up in the rocks and looked up to see him about 10 feet above me, looking down. I now know more about aoudad anatomy than I ever wanted to know. He sure gave me a fright. We watched each other for about 5 minutes, then I climbed away. Yesterday he showed up by the corral, resting on top of the compost pile, then grazing near by. My husband was pleasantly surprised to see the aoudad eating his #1 hated weed--wavy leaf dock! Maybe they are good for something after all.

auodad by grotto.jpg

He's beautiful! It's nice to read that he's doing something HELPFUL and and not destructive. We don't have aoudad in our area....

Latest posts

Back