16 replies to this topic

#11 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:53 AM

Congrats to your new horse, Marsha! :)

He just looks great, I absolutely love this colour. Does he have the same height as DD? I think he will be a good driving horse, it sounds promising how he reacts. I'm very excited hearing about him and your work with him. Fingers are crossed for the dentist and the gelding appt!

Congrats to your new horse, Marsha! :)

He just looks great, I absolutely love this colour. Does he have the same height as DD? I think he will be a good driving horse, it sounds promising how he reacts. I'm very excited hearing about him and your work with him. Fingers are crossed for the dentist and the gelding appt!

He is taller;  Dapper Dan is 32".  I will wait to measure him after the hoof appt, but it's possible he may go over the AMHA 34".  Really hoping he works out.  Thanks for the crossed fingers!

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#12 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:17 PM

He got his teeth done today. She said he has very good teeth.  No wolf teeth.  Some sharp points, but overall good for a  year.  They commented on what a good boy he is.

So, now the gelding is on for Friday.  I dread it.

• Ryan Johnson and PintoPalLover like this

#13 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

Postponed the gelding.  Wind has been howling and it made him and me jittery.  Calmer this evening so we worked on learning to shake hands and stand on a pedestal.  Measured him and he is over for AMHA, so I will turn in his papers. A little disappointing.  He will be AMHR only. I don't know if a professional steward or handler could get him down to 34".  I know they can do wonders with measuring.  We have him at 37".  He sure doesn't seem that tall.

• Cayuse and PintoPalLover like this

#14 Cayuse

Cayuse

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Interests:Big Horses
    Little Horses
    and Ponies!!!

Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:13 PM

That is too bad about the height, with him being bigger than you thought will your harness and gear fit? One bright side about him being a little bigger is that he can probably pull more weight if you ever decide to get a cart that might be heavier. I keep seeing carts I like for Cappy, but the weight usually is more than I want for him.
How did he do with his pedastal and handshake lessons? I would love to see pictures of him doing his tricks.
He will get gelded!when the time is right. Good to postpone it if it just doesn't feel like the right moment in time to do it. Fate (or something, don't know what) has a way of telling us when things are right, if we listen.
Sounds like you are having fun with him ☺
  • PintoPalLover likes this

#15 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:43 PM

We had our walk today and worked on giving to pressure and Stand.  He is very good at pressure.  He doesn't have "back" yet, but I'm getting a couple of steps now.  Today I only had to lift one foot on the pedestal and say "up" and he brought the other foot up.  Good boy!  I don't think it will take him long to figure out the handshake.  He seems a little sensitive on one side; I think I need to schedule the chiro. 

Dapper Dan cannot boss him.  We'll see how that works out.

He will fit my equipment; he is very refined.

• Ryan Johnson, Cayuse and PintoPalLover like this

#16 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:52 PM

Gelding tomorrow.  After I get the vet receipt I will get the papers sent off.  Unfortunately, he has outgrown his AMHA papers.  I am turning those in.  I considered keeping him in AMHA, as the seller transfer form says "34", but he is way over that.  Closer to 36".  It would all be fine unless someone wanted to show him.  But I was not sure that was ethical, so I am turning them in.  He will just be registered AMHR, which is fine.

I contacted the middleman where I got him and asked if she wanted me to file a stallion report, as she had Buckly in with an AMHR registered mare.  But have not heard back, so I will chalk that off.  It sort of makes me mad; she barrels on registered QH and boasts about their pedigree, but she won't bother to give the possible new foal that dignity.  Sometimes horse folk have no respect for miniature horses.

#17 Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

Good luck tomorrow Marsha , hope all goes well for you both...

• Marsha Cassada likes this

TayJay Miniature Horses

Victoria , Australia 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users