New Projects Anyone?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am starting on a red, white and blue flag pillow. I hope I don't get sidetracked. With the colder weather, maybe I can stay with it. Got a lot of it planned today and am working on machine embroidering the 50 states' names on the stripes. Oh, this is for me!

4 table runners complete, there are two of the one at the top (gold triangles).

Blue and yellow quilt complete, no idea what my camera did to the lighting/exposure, but it'll do for now.

2017 - dianes tablerunners - complete.jpg

2017 - blue and yellow - complete - bad lighting.jpg

Enjoying everyone latest creations! I am now inspired to finally complete a tree skirt begun some time back.

This baby/lap quilt I am slowly working on is at this stage now. I think it needs another narrower border in pink to frame it off. The photo is poor I know, it looks greenish but the print is blue and pink. I will have to machine quilt it for lack of time to hand quilt.

SAM_0505.JPG

Enjoying everyone latest creations! I am now inspired to finally complete a tree skirt begun some time back.

This baby/lap quilt I am slowly working on is at this stage now. I think it needs another narrower border in pink to frame it off. The photo is poor I know, it looks greenish but the print is blue and pink. I will have to machine quilt it for lack of time to hand quilt.

attachicon.gif
SAM_0505.JPG
Or just pink binding, maybe.

While I figured out (find) an appropriate fabric to bind my tree skirt, I've started on this panel project...

I found this fabric a year or two ago, and just couldn't resist, it's too cute. Started working on a quilt; pieced side borders and using border stripe fabric for top and bottom borders (may make them the same or use both "prints" one for each).

2017 - Outback panel.jpg

I don't do much, if any, sewing in the summer, too busy outside.

However, fall is upon us, so I went to the quilt guilds Saturday sewing day and got two tops pinned for quilting. The tops had been finished awhile ago, and just needed layering and pinning to get ready for quilting. ANd, then I had a rainy day with hubby out of the house, so I got them both quilted. I also started a quilt last spring that I'll be digging out shortly.

View attachment 36309

View attachment 36310

And, the one I need to get back to work on, I sewed all the half-square triangles last spring, then set them aside, not sure if I can sew them as is, or if I'm going to need to square them all up, there are nearly 100 of them.

View attachment 36311

Is that strip quilt made from a jelly roll? All of them are really nicely done.

I think it was a small jelly roll, plus a few strips I cut, as it was a small jelly roll, there weren't quite enough strips to make a lap size quilt

It’s very beautiful. Was it easy? I’m thinking os doing something as a laprobe for my Dad in the nursing home.

Latest posts

Back