Picking out a Mini.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have decided that the rescue is not for me. Half rearing when asked to pick up your front foot is not acceptable. I think I will move on and find something I don't have to wonder about. I am sure she is going to be a cute pasture pal but I'm not ready to have my horses not be more fun than dread

I also agree with the horse "clicking" for a person, or "the right fit".......It works with finding a dog or a cat too.

I also agree with the horse "clicking" for a person, or "the right fit".......It works with finding a dog or a cat too.
I must click with my new mare, while she isn't a snuggly horse, she seems to be better for me than previous owner. I was told she was difficult to catch, but once caught ok to work with; and when I went to see her, she proved that comment, we had to run them all into a little pen, then a couple into an even smaller pen, and then corner her to halter her and she was not happy at all. After I brought her home, she hasn't given me that much trouble for catching, maybe a step or two, but not out right running away or avoidance. I even dewormed her without a halter, just shut her in the shelter, and she let me without much fuss. We have a ways to go before she'll be better, but she's only been here a couple months.

i took a horse in once and tried to make a pair out of him and charlie. i didn't like his eyes, but he was the same size and color and he drove.. it was a terrble experience . temperment FIRST.

Latest posts

Back