Horses out and about

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We just returned from a trip to NM. Saw a young woman out for a walk with a cremello along the canal by the Rio Grande and we had to stop and chat. She said she was doing therapy, especially with elders, with Cupcake. She was planning to broaden her work. She said she started outdoors with a group, then took Cupcake inside to visit selected residents. I shared with her the interaction I had done with my horses. We had a nice talk. It was fun to see a miniature out and about; mostly they are just shaggy yaks in a yard.

It is always fun to run into a fellow horse person in your travels. I enjoy hearing about therapy horses that visit the elderly. I used to be a nurse in long term care and the residents always looked forward to the days when animals visited. We had a woman who had retired greyhounds and she was always a big hit. We never had anyone visit really with horses though. I brought my pony by once or twice on the way home from a show and they visited with him through the trailer door. He was to rambunctious to unload, lol, he was a feisty devil.

Have you brought DD to visit anyplace lately?

It is always fun to run into a fellow horse person in your travels. I enjoy hearing about therapy horses that visit the elderly. I used to be a nurse in long term care and the residents always looked forward to the days when animals visited. We had a woman who had retired greyhounds and she was always a big hit. We never had anyone visit really with horses though. I brought my pony by once or twice on the way home from a show and they visited with him through the trailer door. He was to rambunctious to unload, lol, he was a feisty devil.

No, but I'm thinking of calling Headstart. He doesn't look his best right now but they probably wouldn't care.

Back