I'm going on an adventure

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeannie is Mike you son or hubby? I know I should know, but I forget! I hope he heals up soon, no fun in having to sit in a car or truck on a long haul when your "tail end" hurts.

Are you able to get some rest? I hope so.

How are the minis doing?

Glad you made it there safe and sound. Praying for Mike to feel better and be joining you soon!

I agree that "Adventures in Moving" is a terrible slogan. Driving a U-Haul across the country, IMO, is akin to torture.

geen a long time since i wrote on this thread,  we are settled in a our son's home.    this is 24 acres with a really nice barn and 4   4 acre pastures with a dressage arena and a jumping arena.

The move was really traumatic,  we ended up leaving a lot of small things we really wanted to bring.  we ended up using 1 uhaul trailer 6'X12', 1 entire ABF truck ( 2 levels), and then in the end we needed another UHaul truck,  not to mention i barely got my dogs and minis in the truck and trailer.

Things are great ,as i hoped, down here, they have a group called the 'Aiken Driving Club', last saturday my friend Rebecca invited me the the club barbeque,  it was real fun,  i  met 4 or 5 ladies that have minis,  also some that have big ponies and all the way to drafts.   they have  shows and all summer they have play days and drives that they drive for a while and have a picnic along the way.

Rebecca is teaching me driven dressage so i can join in the schooling shows.  i did ridden dressage years ago,  but it is all new to me with the cart.   i hope i can stay healthy long enough to emjoy a few years of this.      more later.   EXCEPT, IF YOU WANT TO VISIT YOU ARE STILL WELCOME.  HERE AT MATT'S OR IF WE EVER FIND A PLACE.

Jeannie you are living my dream! We have talked about moving to NC, but I really don't think it will ever happen. I am so glad you are settled in and enjoying yourself! I would love to see photos.

It is so good to hear that you have settled in to your new digs and have made new friends.  The driving club sounds very active with so!ething for everyone,  I wish we had one around here like that.

I'd love to hear all about your lessons sometime.  And pictures!

Have some fun for me ?!

So glad you are finally settled! Moving is hard and it sounds like your move was no exception. I'm sorry you had to leave some things behind. But I'm so happy you all made it safe and sound to your son's house.

How great to have a driving club to belong to. Maybe someday I'll be able to move to an area where driving is more commonplace. I too would love to see some pictures as you progress with you lessons.

Lots of love! And here's to hoping I'm able to come visit at some point. I'd love to finally meet you in person.

I am so excited for you Jeannie! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and that you get moved in and settled in time to enjoy some driving!

WELL FINALLY.   I WON.  AFTER ALL THIS TIME WE WROTE A CONTRACT FOR 6 ACRES IN THE HORSE COMMUNITY.   YEAHHHHHHH.   WE LOOKED AT EVERTHING THERE WAS TO SEE. YIPPEE  YIPPEEE.

WELL FINALLY.   I WON.  AFTER ALL THIS TIME WE WROTE A CONTRACT FOR 6 ACRES IN THE HORSE COMMUNITY.   YEAHHHHHHH.   WE LOOKED AT EVERTHING THERE WAS TO SEE. YIPPEE  YIPPEEE.
:HappyBounce  Happy Happy Happy! 6 Acres to call home. I'm so thrilled for you. Sometimes it's hard to wait for the right one to come along but once it does you realize there was a reason. :HappyBounce

This is the original place i wanted to be.  horse community, trails and trails.  Brand new comm they just named it last week   "SINGLE TREE FARMS  .   Now our builder has disappeared.   isn't life great.  hehehehhe

Well that certainly stinks about the builder ?.  But the community sounds nice.  Can you use another builder?  Maybe this builder is on an extended 4th of July holiday?

Does the community have a barn that everyone shares or does each individual property have their own barn?  It would be fun to plan building.barn just the way you want it.  Even if it is  a pasture and run in sheds, it would be great to have a set up that was custom to how you need to use it.  I have a wish list ☺ but I don't know if I will ever get to it.  

Fingers crossed that the builder reappears.

UhOh,  I just had a thought, he hasn't started building yet has he and left half way done????

haha Cayuse,  that will probably be next.    took a while, but they let us pay for our property. 

,  this is a strange place.  we are frustrated here at matts,  he has so many rules and now he is on a health kick.  Jersey his daughter (12) just left this morning, but not before his ex wife spent 2 days here.    now he is having 2  friends move into the house.    ahhhhhhhhhhh.

anyhow we have our health and we will get there.

Jeannie I am sorry to hear that things are not moving forward as planned. I would live in a pop up camper for awhile if I could have my horses with me. The house is not as important as the barn and pastures, right??? Fingers crossed things start moving in the right direction soon!

I had the same through as Peggy. Could you get a small travel trailer and put it on the property while the house is.being built?  Maybe get a small pre built shed  from Home Depot for the minis and some hot tape and make a paddock for them so they could be with you?

Back