I'm going on an adventure

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
having some problems with the closing date. now i am stuck here in ky and my ponies are in sc. so i will keep you posted. mike says he is going down there tomorrow and look at the house, he hasnt seen it, and get everything settled. ..

the mini monster show was cancelled and nobody was more disappointed than me. i really wanted to see it and participate in it...sorry ladies i cant even make reservations for a moving truck.

Sounds like your adventure is getting more "adventurous" and not in a good way. Moving is rarely smooth but I'm hoping and praying that things start lining up and working out for you quickly. I would be nice to be all settled in time to enjoy your Christmas. Would love to see pictures when you get your feet on the ground and that pretty spring green starts showing up all around
default_smile.png

MAYBE NOT. we didn't get the loan , they wanted mike's brothers will, Mike said no, and then they wanted a copy of the check that was a down payment from the people buying our house. can you imagine , they wanted us to give them someone else's private papers.

Mike is still down there and he is looking, he thinks if he doesn't find something to buy , he will look for a rentall. We haven' given up yet. oh! fortunately our buyers aren't in a hurry to get in, or we would be homeless.

10 years ago banks and loan agents got themselves into a pickle by giving people loans with nothing more than a wish and a promise and NOW they want 50 forms of ID, every tax return you've ever had, the personal info of anyone you've ever met, and your first born child. It's like they are punishing the public for the mistakes of their making. I'm so sorry for you guys. Maybe that one just wasn't meant to be. It's annoying to have people say that (I know, they said it to me for 3 years and I hated everyone who said it), but in the end it did work out for the best. I'm hoping for the best for you guys
default_smile.png

Merry Christmas!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly turning out to be more of an adventure than you hoped it would be. So glad to hear you are not homeless. We lived in our RV for 14 months when we first moved to OK. We thought we could find a place really quick, but it didn't turn out that way. If someone had told me I was going to live in that trailer that long, I wouldn't have believed it.

Really weird about asking for a relative's will...

That is bizarre about the will. It must be super stressful having sold your house and having that happen. Hopefully the right place will come along and all the pieces will fall easily into place. Maybe this just isn't the "right" one and fate is pointing you towards another. I will still keep my fingers crossed for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
we found 2 pieces of land that we like, and mike found a house that he is in love with. you girls will hate it, it has an inground pool. however it has an offer on it , but here we can put in a backup offer which we plan on doing tomorrow.

Okay if you get the house with the pool AND you're close to all those driving trails AND I'd really like to meet you in person.... that sounds like the trifecta. You may be getting a visitor sooner rather than later. Although, I'd like to visit even without the pool. I haven't been out that way much and loved traveling with my family as a kid. I'd love to bring my son and hubby and our (borrowed) horse/camp trailer across the country.

Here's to you getting the perfect place sooner rather than later. The searching is fun at first but eventually you just want to get settled I'm sure.

i can't get over it. we missed that house also. however our son Matt has decided not to sell his place so we may be moving in with him. he has a really nice set up and there is plenty of room for visitors. you can visit there also. wherever we are, you are welcome. of course your family as well.

Jeannie I am sorry to hear that you didn’t get a house. I firmly believe that things happen for a reason, and that you eventually will get exactly what you want. Maybe moving in with your son will give you some breathing room and you won’t feel so pressured. Enjoy the journey!

Sounds a lot like our search for property. Every time we'd find one it would fall through, or the seller would change his mind and not sell, or it would be under contract. It took us 2 years but the property we found ended up being exactly what we needed. Doesn't mean it didn't drive us crazy while we were shopping though. Still sending good vibes your way!

thank u all for your good wishes. the house is sold and we have to be out in 30 days. we are moving in with matt.

however, my real estate friend has found a brand new horse community that is selling lots this spring. 5 acres. we are already looking into having a house built on it and it looks do=able.

thanks again for all the well wishes and especially for the problems some of you had finding a place. made us realize they weren't just picking on us. hehehe.

Sounds like things are moving forward for you finally. Hooray! A 5 acre plot to build the house you want sounds like a great opportunity. We are hoping to build on our 4+ acres next spring as well. Maybe we'll be swapping house building stories.... Here's to both of us continuing to move forward.

I am still jealous (but thrilled for you to no end) about all the horse trails so close. It's so nice to have access to something like that. A blessing for sure. Praying it all works out like it should for you.

I am a little jealous also of your new equine community!

When we moved to our present area, we had a small RV set up for weekend stays on the property. We put our stuff in storage, thinking we would find a house quickly. Didn't happen. Either one would sell before it even hit the market, or the seller would change her mind after accepting our offer--gotta love a small town. We never had an intention to build here, but when no suitable houses turned up, we decided to build. I wasn't ready for that. We ended up being in the small RV, set up in a pasture, for 14 months! First came the barn/shop (of course) and then the house. The contractor took it to the sheet rock stage, and we worked on finishing it for 5 more loooong years, in between his full time job. It was not a pretty time in many ways, and we certainly would not do that again. But there were fun things also. My new miniature horse could be up close and personal with us, often poking his head into the RV door to say hello. (There is a special bond between us and Dapper Dan from that stressful time.)

Hope the rest of your relocation goes as smoothly as possible.

Well it sounds like you are half way home, in a real sense. Your house is sold and that is one half of the battle. Five acres sounds like the perfect size lot. Do you know what style house you might like? If I had to build from the bottom up, I would get a double wide and put it on a full foundation. They can just drive up and deliver it, like pizza ☺

I wish my husband and I had the!fortitude to move. I surely would love some land around us. I have some regrets that we did not put a bid on the one house that was actually available and horse friendly last summer. It had a huge attached barn that we would've been able to almost lunge the minis in (well, I!guess we really would've, come to think of it, in a small circle) had we reconfigured the stalls a bit. But the house was too small for us and my mom!to all live together. I think about that house almost every day. But the house we have now is "home" and that's what counts.

Latest posts

Back