Photo
- - - - -

Help figuring out harness & cart specs??

45 replies to this topic

#41 secuono

secuono

Can't stop now

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:04 PM

What brand rotary punch do you use?
Raining sporadically today, but heading out now to hopefully get pics between storms.

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#42 secuono

secuono

Can't stop now

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

Sorry it took a couple hours, got distracted with some other horsie things, lol.

I added a hole on each side, but still seems loose, is this too loose or fine? Her tail is happily up when meandering.
FB_IMG_1502748484248.jpg FB_IMG_1502748486789.jpg

Then this is point of shoulder, so upped it a hole on each side. 2nd picture is after the adjustment, which seems to have just enough space for air and shoulder.
FB_IMG_1502748481590.jpg FB_IMG_1502748476595.jpg

I also adjusted the breeching after looking at a ton of pics. Seems to be close to where others put it.
It is lower than previously. What do you guys say?

I realize the water hook is backwards, it turns when in the storage tote, sorry. Also tied up straps n bits so it stayed level so I could move back and check it over.

This is one site I used to adjust breeching height.
FB_IMG_1502749303064.jpg

I also put the harness on my younger mini for kicks. She kept her tail clamped and left, lol. Didn't adjust it for her, as she's still growing bunches.
FB_IMG_1502748489479.jpg FB_IMG_1502748491916.jpg

#43 jventresca

jventresca

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:CDEs, Derbys, Pleasure Shows

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:47 AM

I'd prefer to see the back strap shorter so the hip strap is forward, closer to the point of the hip.  

lady05jv.jpg

Jaye Ventresca

Regency Performance Miniatures

Warrington, PA

#44 secuono

secuono

Can't stop now

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

I'd prefer to see the back strap shorter so the hip strap is forward, closer to the point of the hip.  

attachicon.giflady05jv.jpg

I believe I've put the back strap on the shortest hole. I'll double check and add a couple if need be.
The breeching triangles can't move, so I worry about the hip straps being pulled backwards further than they already are. Kind of makes it impossible for them to be at the hip point.
  • PintoPalLover likes this

#45 Minimor

Minimor

LB Forum Elite Member!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,714 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:05 AM

yes, how far forward you can position the hip strap does depend on the length of the breeching itself. If you shortened the back strap any more the hip strap would then angle forward, which isn't a good thing either. For a stock harness yours fits fairly well in the breeching. Mine--I had to sell the breeching and get custom breeching made--the harness overall fit 36 to 38" horses but the breeching it came with fit perfectly on a 32" slight built horse.
  • PintoPalLover likes this
CEDAR PLAINS SHETLANDS and MINIATURES

Specializing in Miniature 'over' division driving horses/prospects with conformation, MOVEMENT and refinement!

American Shetlands...just FOR THE FUN OF IT!

#46 secuono

secuono

Can't stop now

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:43 AM

Here's a pic before I moved up the breastcollar. Can better see the floppy crupper
FB_IMG_1502815291842.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users