French Link Bit

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PintoPalLover

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking about ordering a french link bit to try on my girls, I like what I've heard about it thus far, but I was wondering about a couple things. For one, so far the smallest I've found is 3 3/4" , I suppose that would work but I'd prefer to get a 3 1/2" . That's mostly it , I don't know where to order from if I give into the bigger size either though, thought somebody on here might have a tip that would help. Oh, and I've also seen some mini roller mouth bits and was wondering if anybody has had experience with these and what they think of them ? Thanks !

P.P.L.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Marsha ! The roller bit just has a roller in the center, I think I saw one on Chimacum tack, and on ebay before.

I looked at French link bits on Mini Express and only saw 4". Maybe 3 1/2" are out of stock ? Might have to just settle on a 3 3/4".

Thanks for the tips ! I looked at all those places, none have a 3.5" french link exactly but I might be able to come up with something close. I hadn't looked at Iowa Valley Carriage before. Chimicum is where I saw the 'roller' bit. Thanks
default_smile.png

Look carefully at the mouthpieces before you buy. I know some people don't care but I want a smooth mouthpiece. There are some bits which have a bulge on the mouthpiece, one each side of the center link. I can say for sure these bulges concentrate the bit pressure right under those bulges. I personally do not want that--i want the pressure distributed evenly.

Also the driving store out of Iowa? She can get bits of many different styles & sizes! Iowa Valley Carriage
Iowa Valley Carriage is now located in Wisconsin. Myrna Rhinehart is the owner and has expanded the inventory.

Sander McKee (former owner) now has Horse Trails Less Traveled, a trail rider supply store.

Both are really nice people and very helpful!

Iowa Valley Carriage is now located in Wisconsin. Myrna Rhinehart is the owner and has expanded the inventory.

Sander McKee (former owner) now has Horse Trails Less Traveled, a trail rider supply store.

Both are really nice people and very helpful!
The Myrna that used to be on this Forum? She is a pro for sure!

Thanks everybody !!! Sounds like I might need to make a order to Iowa Valley sometime
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back