Barren County Fair

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
I entered three of my quilts in the county fair this weekend and I walked away with three blue ribbons. **doing the happy dance** I had them in three categories: baby quilt (the little cream one hanging on the pipe), hand quilted (the queen sized whole cloth that is on the table) and hand quilted by a member of the homemakers club (double wedding ring). Evidently, there aren't many hand quilters here but that's OK with me. So I walked away with three blue ribbons and a check for $15.

IMG_1235.JPG

IMG_1236.JPG

IMG_1237.JPG

I'd post better, individual pictures of them, but the web page tells me they are too large and I have no idea how to resize anything....duh.....but apparently these three pictures weren't too large (go figure....same camera....same photographer) LOL

Congratulations! Looks as though you had some competition, too! I really love the whole cloth one. Do you lap quilt or have a quilting frame?

I plan to enter two of mine in our fair this year. It is in September.

I have a q-snap PVC lap quilt frame. I really love that thing. I've quilted everything from a baby quilt to a king sized on it. I was concerned (20 years ago) that it wouldn't last...you know the whole made out of plastic thing. But, clearly, I've gotten my money's worth out of it. LOL

They are all very beautiful, big congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been working at our County Fair as superintendent in antiques. Entries are way down this year in most categories. Not sure what is going on. I won the Champion with my Oklahoma Counties quilt. My sister is showing her English Chocolate Cuckoo Orpington chickens; don't know yet how they fared but they are bound to win as they are magnificent.

The barn where the chickens are is rather dark so you cannot see the Cuckoo coloring, or just how magnificent these birds are in person. And they are not even quite old enough to lay! They were acquired as eggs, incubated, and then as chicks their owner's house was struck by a tornado in May. My sister took them in and is raising them. They are in large dog crates.

kathleen's chickens.jpg

fair quilt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful quilt and design. I can see why you won. Are you going to keep it or do you sell your quilts? Is each patch in the state design stand for a county or district?

The chickens are gorgeous. The have led quite a life so far haven't they?

Beautiful quilt and design. I can see why you won. Are you going to keep it or do you sell your quilts? Is each patch in the state design stand for a county or district?

The chickens are gorgeous. The have led quite a life so far haven't they?
I appliqued all the counties in the state, trying to find fabrics that went with what makes the county unique. The judge suggested I enter it in the state fair. Too late this year, but maybe I will do it next year. I will enter it in the quilt show later this month. I made another and donated it to the museum as a fund raiser. I'll be curious how well it does.

Back