ADS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was interesting, especially the part about the coach dogs.

When I watched the Devon driving classes a couple of weeks ago I noticed one turnout had a carriage dog with them in one of the classes. I have no idea what the class was, I think it was all antique vehicles IIRC, it had teams and four in hands, a little of everything. The dog was a JRT. He looked very pleased to be there.

I'm thinking of subscribing to ADS. Anyone here a member? There are no events closer than 4-5 hours from me, which is prohibitive. But I am thinking the magazine would be a good motivator.

The ADS magazine is called The Whip. Driving Digest is a separate mag. Both are excellent. I'm a life member of ADS, joined in 1976. ADS also puts out an e-publication on non-Whip months called the Wheelhorse.

Right now many of the ADS resources are available to non-members just by going on the website. Reading the rule book can be an education by itself.

Carriage Association of America is another great organization. They get into carriages, restoring them and learning about them. They also book wonderful group trips for driving related events.

Latest posts

Back