two funnies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
OK, so there is a sale group in the county here in Kentucky on facebook. I pull it up on my computer every now and then just to see what people have for sale locally. You never know, I might find a great deal on something. But tonight I just got tickled. Here are two headlines from ads that I saw tonight.

Bike for sale. Road once. (really, maybe you "rowed" it?)

and this little gem:

For sale: little big wheel (so is it little or is it big?)

I just thought I'd share. They just tickled my funny bone, for some reason. I actually had to laugh.

ha those are hilarious! I remember the big wheels, all the kids always had one, that was the thing so as soon as they were old enough I was excited to get one for the kids I raised..... Found out that kids nowadays aren't interested in manual pedals. I love to look at ads too! and have seen some doozies. Back in the summer, I saw one listed in the back woods trader that I still crack up over it said 1961 Interracial tractor 3 cylinder good tires 1,250 or trade for jeep with a wench.
default_whistling.gif

I suppose it was meant to be an International tractor.. but who knows since he also wanted a wench.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a add several years ago. Someone was selling a water barrel. The add actually said "to a good home".

Its a water barrel not a live animal!

Here's another one I found just now "Im looking for ppl who ride sportsbikes who wood like to form a riding group"

My response: You know wood comes from trees, right?

default_thud.gif
Those kinds of ads always remind me of some of the horse listings I've seen....such as gilded filly colt OMG

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from the whole what is a filly colt thing...ahem....how much do you figure it costs to "gild" a horse, anyway? And are we talking gold or silver here? I'd really like to see that.

Remember, you can't fix stupid. LOL

Everyone around here used "stud colt, filly colt" back in the day. I remember my uncle using it in the 1960s through the late seventies. I don't hear it anymore, except for my mom. She still calls a colt a "stud colt" but a filly is just a filly!

Everyone around here used "stud colt, filly colt" back in the day. I remember my uncle using it in the 1960s through the late seventies. I don't hear it anymore, except for my mom. She still calls a colt a "stud colt" but a filly is just a filly!
I actually had a children's "big" book of horses (paint/drawing illustrated) that listed the babies as a colt foal and a filly foal... and showed a drawn picture of a foal that you had no idea what sex it may have been (was a cute fuzzy bay though)...
default_smile.png
I no longer have that one, though have been able to get some that are similar.

Back