Photo

Help! Is my rescue mini pregnant?

Pregnant rescue

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#11 Kris3782

Kris3782

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:44 PM

Thanks!

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#12 chandab

chandab

LB Forum Elite Member!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:18 PM

I'll venture to guess she is just filling out after having been in poor shape, she's looking good now.
Not always, but usually, pregnant mares will be lopsided when viewed from behind; she doesn't even stick out past her hips, so either she isn't pregnant or isn't far enough along to show.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Bonny, Dolly, Baybe, Bliss, and Sophia
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

#13 Kris3782

Kris3782

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:30 PM

Thanks! What would cause the liquid I can express from her nipple?

#14 chandab

chandab

LB Forum Elite Member!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:35 PM

Previous pregnancies (sometimes they continue to have fluid in their udder), hormones, and there are a couple other reasons that have escaped my memory.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Bonny, Dolly, Baybe, Bliss, and Sophia
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

#15 Debby - LB

Debby - LB

Someone just shoot me!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:46 PM

Hi Kris3782 IF there are no other symptoms (or problems) that you know of with your mare then I wouldn't worry about it. If you just have a something's not right feeling please discuss it with your Vet asap. As mentioned above hormones can cause it, I know cysts on the ovaries can cause it as well as being a sign of Cushings. Otherwise, in a healthy mare old timers call it "witches milk" ...no worries about it, your mare will be fine.   If you do decide to have the Vet examine her please keep us up to date.

Lil Beginnings Miniature Horse & Pony ...The Original Small Horse Social Network - since 1997 helping you promote your business down the street or across the globe!
Small Horse Connect Miniature Horse farm and related business directory - all things related to small equine....are you connected?

BowensDesign.com - Equine Web Design

The mind is a tricky thing. Biased by your experience, it colors and shapes your reality, manufacturing broad sweeping beliefs from small, questionable, points of data.

Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

#16 Miniv

Miniv

I just can't help myself :-)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,438 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:07 PM

I am saying DITTO to what Chanda posted.....ALL of her posts.

Miniature Ventures -- Larry & Maryann Cerullo -- <a href="http://www.miniature...eventures.com/" target="_blank">http://www.miniature...ntures.com/</a>
Breeding for the continuous improvement of the miniature horse AND miniature classic Arenosa Shetland in athletic ability and beauty. Relocated to beautiful Powell Butte, Oregon in 2005! Come visit!

Our posts are only our opinions or based from our experiences since 1990 as miniature horse owners/breeders. Please take our advice or leave it.....It's a FREE country (last I checked!).

** "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. Protect the rights of all who are helpless."
Proverbs 31:8 **

#17 Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:25 PM

I agree with everyones comments, just wanted to say that you have done a wonderful job with her , you should be very proud and I am sure she is forever greatful :)

TayJay Miniature Horses

Victoria , Australia 

#18 Kris3782

Kris3782

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:43 PM

Thank you everyone! I feel better!

#19 Miniv

Miniv

I just can't help myself :-)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,438 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:26 PM

Just wanted to add to what others have said.......You have done a WONDERFUL job bringing your little rescue girl back.  KUDDOS.

Miniature Ventures -- Larry & Maryann Cerullo -- <a href="http://www.miniature...eventures.com/" target="_blank">http://www.miniature...ntures.com/</a>
Breeding for the continuous improvement of the miniature horse AND miniature classic Arenosa Shetland in athletic ability and beauty. Relocated to beautiful Powell Butte, Oregon in 2005! Come visit!

Our posts are only our opinions or based from our experiences since 1990 as miniature horse owners/breeders. Please take our advice or leave it.....It's a FREE country (last I checked!).

** "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. Protect the rights of all who are helpless."
Proverbs 31:8 **

#20 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

The before/after pictures are incredible.  Kudos!!