Photo

Lost my Nelly Bell today. Feeling heartbroken

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 amysue

amysue

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:34 AM

Mccalls KL Janelle had been struggling for about a year with what we believe was a cystic ovary. Couldn't quite tell with ultrasounds, palpations were inconclusive but her colicky episodes every 3 weeks during her cycle lead me to that conclusion. We struggled to get her to settle, only successfully foaled once for us and aborted alot. She grew leaps and bounds in the short time we had her, even began taking small riders! I found her curled up in her stall this morning. Hubby and I are having a real hard time with this. All of the pieces are coming together and lead us to this conclusion. The herd just is not the same without her and with Janey and Pokey due so soon I am praying their stressing over her loss does not cause any more heartbreak.2017-04-20 12.38.56.jpg

Edited by amysue, 20 April 2017 - 11:39 AM.

~ AmySue

Ponies, Inc.

Canterbury, CT

www.poniesinc.com

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#2 PintoPalLover

PintoPalLover

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:03 PM

So sorry for your loss Amysue. At least if she was in pain, she doesn't have to be anymore. Hope Janey & Pokey are taking it well.

My first 'Pinto PalStormy Rivers Scouts Shez My Girl (Magnolia/"Nollie"

And Thistle Fields Sugar And Spice (Sugar/"Suggie")

#3 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:32 PM

As a human being with ovarian cyst experience, I can attest to the pain.  So sorry for the loss of your pretty girl.  It is never easy.

#4 chandab

chandab

LB Forum Elite Member!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,197 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

So sorry for your loss.
Hope the other girls stress is minimal and they foal just fine for you.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Showy, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny
Donkey: Tilly

#5 Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

So sorry Amysue, sounds like she will always have a special place in your heart.

Take care Ryan

TayJay Miniature Horses

Victoria , Australia 

#6 Cayuse

Cayuse

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:50 PM

I am sorry for your loss.

#7 amysue

amysue

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

Thank you, everybody for your kind words. Had to stable Pokey and Janey with the cows tonight...they wouldn't even walk into the barn. It is amazing what they know and can sense.

~ AmySue

Ponies, Inc.

Canterbury, CT

www.poniesinc.com

#8 Debby - LB

Debby - LB

Someone just shoot me!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:07 PM

You are a great horse Mom and I'm glad she found her way to you. I am so sorry for your loss, our horses can be such great friends, even feel like family members. Janey and Pokey will be grieving too so I hope the stress does not adversely affect them.

Lil Beginnings Miniature Horse & Pony ...The Original Small Horse Social Network - since 1997 helping you promote your business down the street or across the globe!
Small Horse Connect Miniature Horse farm and related business directory - all things related to small equine....are you connected?

BowensDesign.com - Equine Web Design

The mind is a tricky thing. Biased by your experience, it colors and shapes your reality, manufacturing broad sweeping beliefs from small, questionable, points of data.

Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

#9 Miniv

Miniv

I just can't help myself :-)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,429 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:52 PM

You did what you could for your Nell and I understand the helpless feeling and the hurting heart..... Sending you my full sympathy

Miniature Ventures -- Larry & Maryann Cerullo -- <a href="http://www.miniature...eventures.com/" target="_blank">http://www.miniature...ntures.com/</a>
Breeding for the continuous improvement of the miniature horse AND miniature classic Arenosa Shetland in athletic ability and beauty. Relocated to beautiful Powell Butte, Oregon in 2005! Come visit!

Our posts are only our opinions or based from our experiences since 1990 as miniature horse owners/breeders. Please take our advice or leave it.....It's a FREE country (last I checked!).

** "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. Protect the rights of all who are helpless."
Proverbs 31:8 **