Antiques

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a little doll trunk over the weekend. I had to do some minor repairs (why do people use nails the size of railroad spikes to repair small items??) I oiled and waxed it and put some old silk fabric in the bottom and in the little tray. It is a good place to display my 15' black glass button string. I sort of liked it better when it was dry-looking, as I like primitive things. But, it's better for the wood to have the oil.
It'll probably get a little of that look back after the wood sucks up more of the oil.

I actually did some further research and its not as Old as what I thought ( think I need to remember how old I actually am these days lol)

This is more from the 1950s -1970s
default_smile.png

Auction here last Saturday. Probably the largest, dirtiest, most varied auction I've ever seen. Started at 9 am and was still going with the die-hards after 9 pm. Two auctioneers. It was the belongings of a true hoarder. The smell was terrible. I got a primitive stool, a bird bath shaped like a scallop shell, a yellow ware bowl, some books, a pair of old shoes with shoe buttons, 3 old wooden bowls and a whatsit gardening tool. I did not stay til the end as I had animals to take care of and supper to fix.

Love going to auctions like that, Marsha. It's more likely one will find unique items at lower prices. I also like going to estate yard sales being run by family members. Ones that are being run by professional estate sale outfits tend to mark up things. Although, occasionally they slip up......Once I saw a clutch of vintage ladies hats and I grabbed them for a couple dollars each......Another time I bought some old books that turned out to be collectible too.

Back