Antiques

33 replies to this topic

#31 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,254 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:54 PM

Auction here last Saturday.  Probably the largest, dirtiest, most varied auction I've ever seen.  Started at 9 am and was still going with the die-hards after 9 pm. Two auctioneers.  It was the belongings of a true hoarder.  The smell was terrible.  I got a primitive stool, a bird bath shaped like a scallop shell, a yellow ware bowl, some books, a pair of old shoes with shoe buttons, 3 old wooden bowls and a whatsit gardening tool.  I did not stay til the end as I had animals to take care of and supper to fix.

• Miniv and Debby - LB like this

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#32 candycar

candycar

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:17 AM

I love antiques!  Here's what I had sent back from my folks home in CA.  I remember when we got it in the late 60's.  It's part of my childhood, and very special to me.  I saved a place in my home just for it. 

Attached Thumbnails

• pbstove.jpg

• Miniv, Debby - LB, KLJcowgirl and 1 other like this

JELLY BEAN DELL
Loving home of:
Mini Meadows Gypsy Delight (Jelly Bean) Mare, 35.5 AMHR
Mini Meadows Midnight Lexus (Lexy) Mare, 36.5 AMHR
Coco Puff Mini Molly Mule, 30

Rock E Horse (Rocky) Gelding, 30 

#33 Miniv

Miniv

I just can't help myself :-)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,416 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:40 PM

Love going to auctions like that, Marsha.  It's more likely one will find unique items at lower prices. I also like going to estate yard sales being run by family members. Ones that are being run by professional estate sale outfits tend to mark up things. Although, occasionally they slip up......Once I saw a clutch of vintage ladies hats and I grabbed them for a couple dollars each......Another time I bought some old books that turned out to be collectible too. 

Miniature Ventures -- Larry & Maryann Cerullo -- <a href="http://www.miniature...eventures.com/" target="_blank">http://www.miniature...ntures.com/</a>
Breeding for the continuous improvement of the miniature horse AND miniature classic Arenosa Shetland in athletic ability and beauty. Relocated to beautiful Powell Butte, Oregon in 2005! Come visit!

Our posts are only our opinions or based from our experiences since 1990 as miniature horse owners/breeders. Please take our advice or leave it.....It's a FREE country (last I checked!).

** "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. Protect the rights of all who are helpless."
Proverbs 31:8 **

#34 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,254 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:59 PM

I love antiques!  Here's what I had sent back from my folks home in CA.  I remember when we got it in the late 60's.  It's part of my childhood, and very special to me.  I saved a place in my home just for it. 

That fleur dlis on the door is unusual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users