2017 projects

69 replies to this topic

#1 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,384 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:30 PM

I got a little wall cupboard at the thrift store.  It is actually pretty nice for being Walmart China.  But it had some rough useage--broken door, latches broken.  I've got it all apart and the door repaired.  My husband had to help me get 3 of the screws out; they were so boogered they had turned into rivets.  I'm painting it white, then will probably distress it.  I was going to put 1900 magazine pages in the back, but I'm thinking I might put old linoleum.  Totally different look.  I ordered new screws; got the flat screw driver kind as they are more vintage looking than phillips. 

I could put fabric in the back; or cork; or Kraft paper; or vintage wall paper.  It needs new shelves; probably will buy glass.  No idea what I will do with it, but it's a fun project.  I like to repurpose things rather than just sending them to the landfill.

• chandab, Charley and amysue like this

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#2 chandab

chandab

LB Forum Elite Member!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,207 posts
  • Interests:Horses and Quilting

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:07 PM

I could put fabric in the back; or cork; or Kraft paper; or vintage wall paper.  It needs new shelves; probably will buy glass.  No idea what I will do with it, but it's a fun project.  I like to repurpose things rather than just sending them to the landfill.

Bet you could find some fun vintage look fabric to put in the back.
If you haven't looked lately, glass shelving can get rather spendy. I opted for wood in my cabinet, as two glass shelves cost more than a half-sheet of oak plywood (we still have over half of it left for other projects). [I did buy stain and polyurethane, but have plenty of that left too.] We bought the cabinet at an auction, the shelves were missing.
Be sure to share a picture when you are done.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Bonny, Dolly, Baybe, Bliss, and Sophia
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

#3 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,384 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:11 PM

I used the 1909 magazine pages.  The vintage page color seemed to go best with the paint.  And my old linoleum is not the right color for the bathroom, where I think I will use the cabinet.  I papered over all but one shelf slot, so will just need one piece of glass; the shelves were too close together to be useful for me.  It's coming along.  Just waiting for my screws to arrive.  If I put it in the bathroom, that will mean total rearrangement of everything on that wall and probably some purge.

• chandab likes this

#4 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:25 PM

I finished the little cupboard.  I lined it with 1909 magazine pages. Had a glass shelf cut for it.  I made the knob out of gourd.  You can see some of my pearl buttons and my sea horse buttons inside.  Total cost:  $5.  Interestingly, I saw the same cupboard in another town's thrift store a few days later.  It also had a broken door and broken hardware.  The cheap little shelves were still there but the top was missing.  I paid $2 for mine and this one had $11 on it.

Attached Files

• Debby - LB, chandab, Charley and 3 others like this

#5 Charley

Charley

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:48 PM

Crocheted a harness for my chihuahua, Roxy.  Didn't use a pattern just measured her as I went along.  I don't have a small d -ring so that will be sewn on once I find the size I need and I will crochet her a matching leash then.

DogHarness1.jpg

DogHarness3.jpg

• Debby - LB, sundancer, chandab and 2 others like this

#6 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,384 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:57 PM

She looks as though she is ready to go for a walk and show it off!  You are a wizard crocheter!

I just finished a new phone bag for my mom.  The turquoise one is for a flip phone, but she got a smart phone and needed a larger bag.  This pattern is all one piece, no joining (I hate joining). 

Attached Files

• chandab and Charley like this

#7 Squeaks

Squeaks

Habit Forming

• PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Horses, Classic Cars, Photography, Drawing.

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:25 PM

Crocheted a harness for my chihuahua, Roxy.  Didn't use a pattern just measured her as I went along.  I don't have a small d -ring so that will be sewn on once I find the size I need and I will crochet her a matching leash then.

DogHarness1.jpg

DogHarness3.jpg

Oh my... I love this! How cute :)

• Charley likes this

Dakota | Dun Driver

Coal | My Trail Driver

Remington | My "lil Man

Pebbles | Hubby's 'lil Girl

Sierra | The Sassy Driver

Savannah | The Pasture Ornament

#8 chandab

chandab

LB Forum Elite Member!

• 12,207 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:06 PM

A friend gave me this pattern for a tabletopper, and I've finally decided to try it. Think I'll make two with this fabric, as I have enough fabric to do so, then try other fabric to make a few more.
Still sewing it, so it's just laid out. Pattern calls for the corners to be cut off to make it an octagon.

Attached File  2017 - placemant - rebeccas rose.jpg   110.1KB   0 downloads
  • Debby - LB, Marsha Cassada and Charley like this
Chanda
HC Minis

#9 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,384 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:26 AM

Fresh and springlike!  Would it be possible on your next one to center a rose in the middle?  I think that would draw the eye in.  I love rose fabric.

• chandab likes this

#10 chandab

chandab

LB Forum Elite Member!

• 12,207 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:00 PM

Fresh and springlike!  Would it be possible on your next one to center a rose in the middle?  I think that would draw the eye in.  I love rose fabric.

I've already cut the fabric, and didn't think of it. If I have some strip left of that fabric, I can see about fussy cutting a rose for that piece.
Chanda
HC Minis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users