Areally we getting close

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went through this with our mare. We bought her supposedly bred, bloodwork said no, but she was clearly pregnant and an ultrasound later confirmed it. She wasn't a maiden mare (two foals that we know of and red bagged her last one), but she went well beyond her due date. Never waxed up and even had the yellowish "milk" to the day before she foaled. We stalled her a couple of weeks before she foaled Remi. Mares don't like playing by the rules ;)

Keep us posted
default_smile.png

Well our baby arrived on the 5th. The new mom would never accept her she actually tried to kill her numerous times. The vet came out we sedated the mare in hopes she would accept the baby still no. I milked her for the first 24 hours and fed her we received a miracle yesterday a mommy who lost her baby two hours earlier the lady who owns the mare was so kind she brought her over and the mare immediately accepted the baby. All is going fantastic. I think my mare was just to young and as a rescue she had had a very hard life happy days here sleep is finally in my future

FB_IMG_1491566922282.jpg

FB_IMG_1491566947508.jpg

FB_IMG_1491566843998.jpg

FB_IMG_1491566843998.jpg

So happy for you that things worked out! Isn't it amazing sometimes how prayers are answered? You were in the right place at just the right time for your sweet foal to receive a new mommy, and that heartbroken mommy now has a foal after all...brings tears to my eyes. Just PRECIOUS!!!! Big congrats on a Gorgeous foal!!! boy or girl? or did I miss you saying.

Adorable foal Tammyoviatt
default_yes.gif
So glad everything is turning out OK for you !

So happy for you that everything has worked out , foal is adorable and thanks for letting us be apart of it
default_smile.png

You really should be commended for your quick thinking in milking mum
default_firstprize.gif

Congratulations
default_smile.png

He is now 6 days old, how is he doing? New mom still doing a great job with him? That was so awesome how she "arrived" in time.

Hope you are now caught up on your sleep!

Latest posts

Back