Photo

Areally we getting close

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#31 Tammyoviatt

Tammyoviatt

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:05 AM

He did an ultra sou d we could see the foal I have no idea how far along she is. He predicted Feb or Mar I just don't want her to be out to pasture so I bring her in at night I guess we will just keep up the surveillance and see what happens

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#32 Miniv

Miniv

I just can't help myself :-)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,442 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:05 PM

Even though she's a maiden mare, I'd continue checking her bag and also her hind end....Her vulva will eventually elongate and her butt muscles will start relaxing.

I call it a "jello butt". :)  She may not drop her milk until the very end, but some maidens can surprise you.  It's also good for her to get used to you touching her there.

Miniature Ventures -- Larry & Maryann Cerullo -- <a href="http://www.miniature...eventures.com/" target="_blank">http://www.miniature...ntures.com/</a>
Breeding for the continuous improvement of the miniature horse AND miniature classic Arenosa Shetland in athletic ability and beauty. Relocated to beautiful Powell Butte, Oregon in 2005! Come visit!

Our posts are only our opinions or based from our experiences since 1990 as miniature horse owners/breeders. Please take our advice or leave it.....It's a FREE country (last I checked!).

** "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. Protect the rights of all who are helpless."
Proverbs 31:8 **

#33 Debby - LB

Debby - LB

Someone just shoot me!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

OK, that kind of gives us a timeline. If he predicted her to foal around Feb or March then he felt he was looking at a 5 to 6 month old fetus in Oct.. ↑↑ I agree with what's posted above.  If your Vet was right she could foal at any time now.  It's a very exciting but scary and stressful time for you I know. Good luck!!! I hope to see a beautiful healthy foal for you.

Lil Beginnings Miniature Horse & Pony ...The Original Small Horse Social Network - since 1997 helping you promote your business down the street or across the globe!
Small Horse Connect Miniature Horse farm and related business directory - all things related to small equine....are you connected?

BowensDesign.com - Equine Web Design

The mind is a tricky thing. Biased by your experience, it colors and shapes your reality, manufacturing broad sweeping beliefs from small, questionable, points of data.

Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

#34 Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:40 PM

Likewise , Hope everything goes well for you, regular checks are the key and Your doing great by bringing her in at night :)

Wishing you a safe foaling :)

TayJay Miniature Horses

Victoria , Australia 

#35 Tammyoviatt

Tammyoviatt

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:22 AM

Her bag is know between her back legs and she seems to have slowed down in her movement so hopefully soon. I was wondering if anyone knows the risks of a line breed. I am pretty sure that the dad to this foal is also the mares dad. I can't get a positive from the lady I rescued them from. I know it is a common practice in some of the horse world just wasn't sure in the mini world

#36 Miniv

Miniv

I just can't help myself :-)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,442 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

Line breeding in minis is done but it's not a common practice. My main concerns with it are conformation problems being passed on as well as the dwarf gene. All you can do is wait and see what she gives you..... The foal may turn out to be absolutely amazing!

Regarding the bag, if she's dropping her "milk", try massaging the bag and gently squeezing her teat(s) for some liquid. When it comes out sticky like honey, it means she's very very close.

Miniature Ventures -- Larry & Maryann Cerullo -- <a href="http://www.miniature...eventures.com/" target="_blank">http://www.miniature...ntures.com/</a>
Breeding for the continuous improvement of the miniature horse AND miniature classic Arenosa Shetland in athletic ability and beauty. Relocated to beautiful Powell Butte, Oregon in 2005! Come visit!

Our posts are only our opinions or based from our experiences since 1990 as miniature horse owners/breeders. Please take our advice or leave it.....It's a FREE country (last I checked!).

** "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. Protect the rights of all who are helpless."
Proverbs 31:8 **

#37 Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:53 PM

One thing Ill add is that when she is locked up at night you will notice her udder will be alot fuller when you first see her in the morning to let her out. You will probably notice that when you go to bring her in at night , it will have decreased a little.

When you see that its staying the same throughout the day , you know your getting close :)

TayJay Miniature Horses

Victoria , Australia 

#38 Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:15 PM

How is she coming along ? 

TayJay Miniature Horses

Victoria , Australia 

#39 Tammyoviatt

Tammyoviatt

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

She is doing good little changes bag is getting fuller between the back legs. She lays a lot hopefully soon

#40 Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:51 PM

Sounds like all is going really well.

Wishing you a safe foaling , I know it feels like it will never happen , but it will and will be totally worth it :)

TayJay Miniature Horses

Victoria , Australia