Photo

Areally we getting close

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#21 Tammyoviatt

Tammyoviatt

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:11 PM

Here are recent pics. I'm pretty sure I jumped the gun on her due date. But not having any idea I would rather be safe. She has a pretty good bag no milk leaking yet Resized_20170216_165858(1).jpeg Resized_20170216_165846(1).jpeg

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#22 Debby - LB

Debby - LB

Someone just shoot me!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:19 PM

Hi are you seeing a bag from behind yet?

Lil Beginnings Miniature Horse & Pony ...The Original Small Horse Social Network - since 1997 helping you promote your business down the street or across the globe!
Small Horse Connect Miniature Horse farm and related business directory - all things related to small equine....are you connected?

BowensDesign.com - Equine Web Design

The mind is a tricky thing. Biased by your experience, it colors and shapes your reality, manufacturing broad sweeping beliefs from small, questionable, points of data.

Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

#23 Tammyoviatt

Tammyoviatt

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:43 PM

Yes not big from behind but some. We're she is so little and young. And first foal I just didn't know if they bag as much

#24 Debby - LB

Debby - LB

Someone just shoot me!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:14 PM

In my experience, I've not had maidens follow a pattern. Each mare is different there's no set textbook answer when it comes to bagging, I've had maidens bag up and drip milk early and I've had experienced broodmares foal with no bag or any outward sign of imminent foaling at all. It would be nice if we always had absolute steps we could rely on, but the best we can do is closely monitor each mare so we can keep a journal of what is normal for her...of course then sooner or later she'll do something completely opposite LOL.

Is her udder soft and squishy and getting larger or is her udder firm feeling and warm?

Lil Beginnings Miniature Horse & Pony ...The Original Small Horse Social Network - since 1997 helping you promote your business down the street or across the globe!
Small Horse Connect Miniature Horse farm and related business directory - all things related to small equine....are you connected?

The mind is a tricky thing. Biased by your experience, it colors and shapes your reality, manufacturing broad sweeping beliefs from small, questionable, points of data.

#25 Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:35 PM

She looks great and glad you are seeing some sunshine :)

I think its a good thing that not all mares express fluid before foaling. Those first few feeds that a foal gets from mum has all the "Good stuff" that a foal needs when first born. 

They (Preg mares) sure like to keep their owners guessing :)

TayJay Miniature Horses

Victoria , Australia 

#26 Tammyoviatt

Tammyoviatt

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:01 PM

Here is a picture of her bag tonight I have to hold my phone under her and snap the pic. She is so close to theach ground to see under?? Ant thoughts welcome

Attached Thumbnails

• Resized_20170303_180746(2).jpeg

#27 Mona

Mona

I just can't help myself :-)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,850 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:10 AM

Judging solely on this one photo, I would say the mare is a fair ways off yet.  The bag needs to fill considerably on both side, and closer to when she's ready, the nipples will be pointing more outwards and will be more "spread out" in appearance. You can also lift the tail and kneel down behind to get pics from the rear. As she gets closer, you'll see the bag growing in size, getting fuller, firmer and hanging lower.

$$$ The Money Pit Ranch $$$

Home to the following large and small money gobblers:

"Cheyenne"
- Smokey Black Pinto Spotted Saddle Horse Mare

"Angel" - Grulla Minimal Pinto Miniature Horse Mare
"Ruby" - Bay Pinto Spotted Saddle Horse Mare

"Abby" - Spayed Female Boxer
"Monkey" - Neutered Male Chinese Crested/Chihuahua Mix

"Bentley" - Neutered Male Boston Terrier

#28 Debby - LB

Debby - LB

Someone just shoot me!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

Hi I agree with Monas reply. Tammy, instead of trying to take a photo from underneath your mare, can you pull her tail to the side and take one from behind?

#29 Tammyoviatt

Tammyoviatt

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:19 AM

I took these last night any magical insight
I think I really jumped the gun on her due date but, I guess better safe than sorry

Attached Thumbnails

• Resized_20170310_180124.jpeg
  • Resized_20170310_180216.jpeg
  • Resized_20170310_180150.jpeg

Edited by Tammyoviatt, 11 March 2017 - 08:20 AM.

#30 Debby - LB

Debby - LB

Someone just shoot me!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:13 PM

Always better to be safe yes :yes   I'm not seeing any bag, and no noticeable difference in her vulva. How far along do you think she could be? I know you said you got her and she was vet checked in Oct so that's 5-6 months along..what kind of preg, test did the Vet use?