Photo

Areally we getting close

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#1 Tammyoviatt

Tammyoviatt

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:30 PM

I rescued this mare in October. Her hooves were over a foot long. And she had burrs everywhere. Took her to the vet to get a check up and wormer to discover she is pregnant no idea of a due date. Wehave had a lot of snow so I have set up a temporary night bed with a camera close to the house so I can monitor her. She is making a small bag she is only 2 coming three. I have had big horses my whole life and never worried about foaling to much this is different. Any help would be greatly appreciated

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#2 Tammyoviatt

Tammyoviatt

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:36 PM

I will post pictures as soon as I can figure out how to.

Attached Thumbnails

• cc1656917239dfbfc9e7cdbcfaeea560.jpg

Edited by Tammyoviatt, 09 January 2017 - 10:38 PM.

#3 Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:44 PM

Welcome to the forum, 

When you can, could you post some pics from down at her level. One from directly standing behind her , from down at her level so we can see how the foal is currently riding

If she is starting to produce an udder then that usually means 4-6 weeks from foaling. Being mares though, they do like to drive you crazy, guessing :)

Its a little hard to tell from the above pic.

Good on you for rescuing her and ask away any questions you like, everyones really friendly here :)

Ryan

TayJay Miniature Horses

Victoria , Australia 

#4 Tammyoviatt

Tammyoviatt

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:44 PM

Here are some pics that were buy the camera monitor. I will get some other ones. She isn't very comfortable with me checking her bag. I will try and get a pic. No promises. Lol

#5 Tammyoviatt

Tammyoviatt

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:01 PM

Sorry for the mess this is me trying to figure out how to post and do a forum first time

Attached Thumbnails

• 849b567a3e25ab7bfe2e2f96a91ccac3.jpg
  • fda118b03cb6348b774f20c9b331ee98.jpg
  • fda118b03cb6348b774f20c9b331ee98.jpg

#6 Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:05 PM

Thats ok , If you go to the main page of the forum , you will notice "Practice board"  theres some info on how to post Pics ect in that section that should be helpful.

TayJay Miniature Horses

Victoria , Australia 

#7 Tammyoviatt

Tammyoviatt

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:14 PM

Here is the link to the camera that she is under. The app is zmodo the number is 4356099335 password jigor1669
Ifanyone has a moment to see what they think. She has been laying down a lot today and last night. I usually take her out during the day but our weather is horrible

#8 Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:21 PM

Its really hard to tell from the camera angle , are you able to get a pic on your phone and upload it ? One from directly behind her and down at her level.

If you flick through some of the other threads, you will get an idea of the angle im talking about. It will give us an indication of how the foal is currently riding.

As she gets closer to foaling she will be increasingly uncomfortable as there is less room for the foal to move. 

If you bob down behind her you should see her bell sticking out on both sides, as she nears closer to foaling he sides will disapear and the bottom of her stomach will drop.

TayJay Miniature Horses

Victoria , Australia 

#9 Tammyoviatt

Tammyoviatt

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:47 PM

Pics I hope will work better

#10 Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:05 PM

She doesnt look overly big for a mare that is close to foaling , BUT, seeing that she is a maiden mare thats only pushing 3yo, She maybe carrying the foal quite high.  Her winter coat makes it quite hard to tell.

The vulva Pic will be a good reference point.  In a few days take the same pic and see if you notice any changes to it. As she nears foaling it will elongate.

Did your vet give you any indication as to when she maybe due ?  

Sorry I cant be of more help at this stage , Hopefully others will log on soon that can add to my comments :) 

TayJay Miniature Horses

Victoria , Australia