Photo

Maple Hollow Farm 2017 Foaling Thread :D

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#11 Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

You are certainly going to be busy this year Melinda :)

Apart from safe arrivals for everyone on your list, Any mares be it yours or your moms that your extra excited for this year ?

TayJay Miniature Horses

Victoria , Australia 

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#12 Magic Marker Miniatures

Magic Marker Miniatures

Habit Forming

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

I predict you will lose your sanity by mid April.
You alone have like your mares due one after another with your moms sqeezed in between!

#13 Debbie Roberts

Debbie Roberts

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:49 PM

Not sure how you do it! I watched last year and got to see 3 of them be born. Was very exciting. When I think 3 minis is a handful, I think of others that have way more to take care of. You do an awesome job! And love seeing all your new little ones! Exciting!

#14 misty'smom

misty'smom

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:50 PM

Melinda, You need some more foaling stalls this year!! The rotations alone are going to drive you crazy, who's in stall #1, #2 or #3 it will be hard keeping it all straight with your due dates so close together!!!!! lol I'll be watching when I can!!

#15 Maple Hollow Farm

Maple Hollow Farm

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:34 PM

You are certainly going to be busy this year Melinda :)

Apart from safe arrivals for everyone on your list, Any mares be it yours or your moms that your extra excited for this year ?

I have several Im excited for but Ruby, Extra, and Belle are probably among my more exciting being new crosses :)

I predict you will lose your sanity by mid April.
You alone have like your mares due one after another with your moms sqeezed in between!

Ive already lost it watching Success LOL!  Im going to have a very long foaling season at this rate :P. 

Not sure how you do it! I watched last year and got to see 3 of them be born. Was very exciting. When I think 3 minis is a handful, I think of others that have way more to take care of. You do an awesome job! And love seeing all your new little ones! Exciting!

Thanks and hope you can catch some foaling again this year!  It is a lot of work but very rewarding

Melinda, You need some more foaling stalls this year!! The rotations alone are going to drive you crazy, who's in stall #1, #2 or #3 it will be hard keeping it all straight with your due dates so close together!!!!! lol I'll be watching when I can!!

LOL I definitely need more stalls on cam :D...Right now Ebony is on the left at 304 days had a half full bag but walked it off pacing, she usually takes a few days to settle into the stall.  Middle is STILL Success at 350 days today and only about a half full udder.  She will drive everyone who watches crazy as she is constantly yawning, looking at her sides, shifting her weight, ect...And last but not least Dreamin is on the right with a decent start to her udder but not a 'ready' udder yet at 314 days. 

Melinda Selk (Jackson)
Maple Hollow Farms
Dysart, IA
http://www.maplehollowhorsefarm.com