Picking a harness

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaye -

Are you able/willing to share your harness guy's contact info? Are you sharing "Jaye's harness"? I'd love to put together a trip to PA's Amish country since I've done so much up in OH's Holmes county around Millersburg.

Maybe someday soon? Don't know when it would be - on my wish list right now... When I do come that way - I want to visit companies that have draft farm type equipment too (have some contacts for that - though haven't talked to anyone yet) such as White Horse. Not sure they are in the same area of PA that you are, though. There are others, don't have my "little list" handy right now... May have to create another as I'm not sure hwere it's at. I need to check - Horse Progress Days is held in July and should be held in PA soon.

And you never know - someday again - I may be able to do more purchasing - ie: special order(s), LOL.

My harness guy is Samuel Esh, Center Square Harness, 186 Quarry Road, Leola, PA 17540, (717) 656-3381. He and his son build harnesses for people all over the country.

The area where a good many Amish carriage and harness shops are located is east of Lancaster along Route 23, near New Holland. Driving Essentials is also located in New Holland. They have a great website with all sorts of driving equipment and supplies. Bird-in-Hand Carriages is on Route 340, south and parallel with Rt. 23. It's a "hot spot" for drivers. The original Smuckers Harness is gone but Daniel Smucker has opened his own business.

You could ask Samuel about farm equipment. He may know who to talk to in that area. Samuel set up "Jaye's" harness so I could have friends and clients call and order without having to remember the whole list of options. It's changed a bit over the years.

I'm north of Philadelphia about 1 1/2 hour drive from the Lancaster area. Wish I were closer!

I googled Horse Progress Days and found out it will be held in Leola, PA this year! June 30th - July 1st! Center Square Harness is very close to the site. They make a lot of draft harness too.

Please let me know if you end up going!

Latest posts

Back