Breeching bounces up and down

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Specialk

Reaction score
Trying to figure out if my new breaching fits. It lays flat when my horse isn't moving but when he trots it bounces up and down and gaps off his back and bounces against his rear. When I canter it is all over the place. All the vids I see of other people's breaching, their breaching remains touching the horse and laying flat.

I will try to capture a vid of what it is doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated?

A video or a picture would probably help. I was just watching a video of Mikey and I can't say that his breeching moves around all that much whether trotting or cantering

In this video you can see the right hip strap moving and bouncing up. Usually both sides do it terrible, of course it behaves when I'm filming.

I does it less if I lengthen the holdback straps as if there is more weight and length to hold it down. If I shorten them the hipstraps go everywhere with each stride. Cantering is ridiculous. They bounce up and down.

Any advice would be great fully appreciated.

https://youtu.be/VMDy8isBo0E

Agreed. The front strap of your breeching is too low. Raising it one or two holes should fix your problem!

Fixed the problem. The back strap is too long, the point the hip straps crisscross needed moved forward to the highest point of his hip and the hip straps lengthened. Thanks everyone.

When I got my harness I had to call and special order a shorter back strap. The one that came was waaaaay too long.

Glad you got it figured out. Harness fitting can be tricky. I'm still adjusting my new harness parts when we drive. Just not quite happy with the fit yet.

Latest posts

Back