Feeding the driving mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bambam4911

Reaction score
Hey yall,

I have a 36.5" mini, we show in driving shows. I have been trying to feed accordingly without taking away the energy he needs to do the driving we do. Currently he gets 1 cup.of strategy, 1.5cups of beat pulp, a mutli vitimin, and joint supplement am n pm with a about 1/3 flake of alfalfa and 1/4 flake of orchard grass hay am and pm.

I had the advantage of seeing your guy in person at the Buxmont Driving Show. He looks in good weight to me. I feed my guys a lot less. I've found that energy level can have more to do with what type of fitness training you're doing than with what they're eating. You have Fair Hill near you. Are you able to get there to drive?

5 mins from me is fair hill. Unfortunately i dont have my own rig so my showing and adventures are at the mercy of my friend who hauls me. I have a training track on my farm where i drive him everyday however the trail driving is out favorite. I love obstacle driving.

My guy gets grass hay, 1.5 cups of LMF Showtime, 1 cup beet pulp. Right now hes a little on the porky since I have not been able to get out to drive/work him at all. Life's been a bit crazy. I love the LMF feeds because they have everything a horse could need included in it. I am not sure if they are available on the East coast, but in this area the supplements and amounts of minerals in the feed are different for each area, it is amazing the work and research they put into the formulas for each area.

There are multiple types of LMF with different amounts (Showtime, super supplement, low carb, senior are a few I can think of) they also make each formula in a G (grass hay) and A (for alfalfa) which is super nice! I must not be available over there....

Latest posts

Back