gps

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lloydyne

Reaction score
I am wondering what app everyone is using for their driving to keep track of miles and speed...I have tried several and just haven't quite found the right one....I'm up for new ideas

I picked up an older Garmin watch that works great for me. It can do miles per hour or kilometers, keeps track of lap times if you like and will let you upload all the data to the Garmin website where you can view it over time.

Plus, being an older model (since I didn't need the extra stuff) it was only $55 from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014FV98SY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I didn't get the Heart Rate monitor though now I'm wondering how I could get one and make it work with Mikey....then I could monitor his heart rate, too

Last edited by a moderator:
MapMyRide is what I've been using lately
default_smile.png

I have used mapmyride for a couple of years and I like but it hasn't been working right....it was saying i was driving for 3min when I had been out half an hour

I used to use My Tracks app on my android. It was discontinued. . I haven't found one I like nearly as much. So I dug around and found my Garmin watch which I used to have attached to the cart shafts. It wouldn't power on, apparently I broke off one of the tabs that holds the battery. I just ordered a new Garmin, it should be delivered today. I like the watch attached to the shafts because you can see how fast (slow) you are going at any given time. It helps you develop a "feel" for your speed. I'll let you know how I like the new Garmin.

What a great idea, Peggy! I never thought of that and will have to give it a try. Much easier to see than looking at your wrist while trying to drive

I use a Garmin also. You can set it to bing when you reach a certain speed. I found it useful to get my horses to walk fast enough because I set it to bing at 4 kph.

I wouldn't recommend a heart monitor. I had one and was shocked at the readings. Apparently minis and ponies can have spikes in their heart rates that throw the monitor off. I've found I can judge their work by watching their respiration.

Latest posts

Back