Photo

Opinions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#11 KowHorse

KowHorse

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:30 PM

Her udder is bigger than when we got her. It was her larger udder that alerted me to her possible pregnancy.

Edited by KowHorse, 05 August 2016 - 03:41 PM.

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#12 Debby - LB

Debby - LB

Someone just shoot me!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:52 PM

Your mare is beautiful!   Can I ask when your purchased her were you told she was pregnant or exposed to a stallion?

Lil Beginnings Miniature Horse & Pony ...The Original Small Horse Social Network - since 1997 helping you promote your business down the street or across the globe!
Small Horse Connect Miniature Horse farm and related business directory - all things related to small equine....are you connected?

BowensDesign.com - Equine Web Design

The mind is a tricky thing. Biased by your experience, it colors and shapes your reality, manufacturing broad sweeping beliefs from small, questionable, points of data.

Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

#13 KowHorse

KowHorse

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:36 PM

I bought her in Dec. When I asked if she could be pregnant. His response was " I don't know ". I the asked any possibility??? His response was " not sure". Very evasive

#14 Debby - LB

Debby - LB

Someone just shoot me!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:33 PM

hmm could be he hadn't had her long. 

Lil Beginnings Miniature Horse & Pony ...The Original Small Horse Social Network - since 1997 helping you promote your business down the street or across the globe!
Small Horse Connect Miniature Horse farm and related business directory - all things related to small equine....are you connected?

BowensDesign.com - Equine Web Design

The mind is a tricky thing. Biased by your experience, it colors and shapes your reality, manufacturing broad sweeping beliefs from small, questionable, points of data.

Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

#15 KowHorse

KowHorse

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:42 PM

Yes. He lead me to believe that they had had her for a while and that his girls trained her to sell for Christmas money. But she really isn't all that trained so I am thinking he hadn't had her very long.

#16 Lovewelshies

Lovewelshies

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:44 AM

Sorry I don't have any advice but she so cute her colour is beautiful x

#17 Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 06:07 PM

Welcome to the forum :)

I agree with the others , there is a possibility that she is carrying a foal. Its hard to know with the lack of answers you got from the previous owner.

If she came to you in December last year , she would have been in foal. By now you should be able to feel movement as she would be into the last trimester. 

Magic marker minis explained above how to feel for movement. 

Can you post another set of Pics in a few days so we can look at the comparison between the two to see if there are any noticeable differences :)

TayJay Miniature Horses

Victoria , Australia 

#18 KowHorse

KowHorse

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:53 PM

Thank you everyone. I have tried and tried to feel movement. Nothing. And there has been no physical changes. She hasn't gotten bigger anywhere. So alas. I guess she is just gotten to be a very fat pony. Winter should take care of that. I can not say I am not very disappointed. I am.

#19 Magic Marker Minis

Magic Marker Minis

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:35 PM

I would still keep an eye on her.
I've had mares that were pregnant and baby was not very active. Some babies move a lot, some very little.
As for any changes, they can be hard to see; especially for someone who looks at her everyday.
Wouldn't hurt to take pictures in a few days and show us.

#20 KowHorse

KowHorse

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:08 AM

Here are a few pics from today. Her belly is an inch bigger around but not do much on the sides.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20160809_110048836-480x640.jpg
  • IMG_20160809_105857170-480x640.jpg
  • IMG_20160809_104915934-640x480.jpg