Run Free Little Dusty -RIP

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic Marker Minis

Reaction score
Our 2016 buckskin splash colt has passed away this evening.

Dusty coliced last Wednesday. We gave oil and pain meds. He got every bloated and we thought the end would be Saturday. He kept himself hydrated with water and finally unblocked; only to bloat again on Sunday. He unbloated by Monday but we could never get him to eat and was very depressed. Tonight he finally ended his fight and went to heaven to be with his half brother from last year, that died during delivery.

His dam is fine. He had quit nursing, so we had weaned her off grain and she was drying up.

Run free MMM Dreams Ready to Rumble. You will be missed by your buddy and us.

CAM02077.jpg

CAM02108.jpg

So very sorry for your loss. We lost our buckskin colt to colic in the fourth, very heartbreaking.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I see you are in AZ, and land of sand. Do you think it was sand colic? I am sure glad that living way up north where I do, it was never something we had to be cautious of. Poor little guy sounded like a real fighter though.

It was rough. Poor little guy was about two months from moving to MO. We were just getting everything lined up.

We hate this state. The last two months our temps have gone from 115 and dry to 100's and monsoon, back to hot and dry; now to hot and monsoon again.

I'm am sorry to hear of his loss. So sad to happen so close to your move. I understand how hard that can be.

{{{{Hugs}}}

He was a handsome fellow. Such a shame.

A few years ago we went through the hot summer. I don't think any of us will ever forget it. We put a mister on our chickens and I set a sprinkler up for the horses to stand under during the day. And it didn't even cool off at night.

Have you ever tried using prebiotics? There are a few companies that offer it. I get mine from Dynamite. It is a liquid; expensive but it lasts quite a while with miniatures.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Marsha, we bought a tube and gave him that; but it wasn't working. I think from the first two blocks his intestine was kinked. Liquid and some hay fiber was getting through; but not enough to make him feel well enough to eat. He was drinki.g tons of water and licking the salt block like crazy, but refused to eat hay.

My heart goes out to you! What an adorable little fellow.......
default_sad.png

awww I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful little colt. Godspeed little one.

Back