Amigo Hero 6 petite turnout

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sayyadina

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone here has any experience with the Amigo Hero 6 turnout. I'm still looking for a new blanket option, preferably something that's difficult to shred. For some reason my minis are much harder on blankets than my larger horses have ever been.

I had never heard of that brand before so had to look it up. I watched a video presentation and they look like really nice blankets! If you get one for your mini please give us all a review.

I have the both the turnout and the stable blanket. The first time I turned out with the turnout my horse snagged on the corner of the fence panel putting him out and it sliced through the whole thing. With a little patience and explaining my story they did replace it for me and I have had no troubles with the second one. I have found it to fit well and waterproof. I believe the turnouts are a 600D so if you have one that is extremely hard on their blankets it might not be the best choice. I also like the Kensington which I think are 1200D.

The stable blanket I absolutely LOVE. The large soft neck fits nicely and seems very comfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I was afraid of. My minis have managed to shred their Schneiders turnouts (1200D) playing and rolling. I really wish they'd make mini size blankets in their Rambo fabric, which is super tough. I've been trying to find a tough turnout w/ neck cover for my 5 year old, since she's a bit sensitive to the cold (looses weight despite free choice hay and shelter when its between 20F and -30F). Looks like I might have to settle for just a nice turnout blanket.

I might go with either the Kensington turnout or the Smartex pony turnout from Bucas. Bucas has a reputation among big horse people for making durable blankets.

I've really started to move away from Synthetic rugs of late , I find that canvas rugs last so much longer and are alot more durable during harsh weather conditions. I usually have cottons under mine and if it gets really cold ill put a polar fleece under the canvas. Yes they still get the odd rip in them but easily repairable. I find that when a synthetic one rips its usually the half the rug "gone".

Ryan - the biggest problem with that is finding the canvas "rugs" here in the US. I don't think I've ever seen them for ponies, much less for minis. Those seem to be a British and Australian "thing".

Sayyadina - have you checked with Supreme Design? Well, maybe that's a never mind. Their regular website is no longer up and they now have a FB page that says they will be closing in Oct...
default_sad.png
Good for them, not so good for the rest of us... They used the Sunbrella (outdoor) fabric for a lot of their blankets.

paintponylvr- I tried to get in touch with Supreme Design but never heard back.

I'm in coastal Maine, so I need a blanket that can deal with rain and heavy snow. Everything I've gotten from Schneiders soaks through, so I have to keep everyone in when it rains. Which means I have very unhappy horses, since we can have rain for weeks here. Normal humidity during spring-fall is 60-100%. Winters are very dry. Normal temperatures range from -30F (-34C) to 90F (32C), though things are that hot for only a couple weeks normally. I could be wrong, but I don't think Britain or Australian has the temperature extremes I have here. We also get quite a bit of wind, which makes winter temps that much colder.

I'm open to looking in other countries. If someone has an idea, please post a link. Ideally, I'd like a medium weight turnout with a detachable neck cover.

Kensington has been the most durable one I've owned thus far for the minis, and the neck covers fit nicely. I also like that they have belly bands on the turnout.

paintponylvr- I tried to get in touch with Supreme Design but never heard back.

I'm in coastal Maine, so I need a blanket that can deal with rain and heavy snow. Everything I've gotten from Schneiders soaks through, so I have to keep everyone in when it rains. Which means I have very unhappy horses, since we can have rain for weeks here. Normal humidity during spring-fall is 60-100%. Winters are very dry. Normal temperatures range from -30F (-34C) to 90F (32C), though things are that hot for only a couple weeks normally. I could be wrong, but I don't think Britain or Australian has the temperature extremes I have here. We also get quite a bit of wind, which makes winter temps that much colder.

I'm open to looking in other countries. If someone has an idea, please post a link. Ideally, I'd like a medium weight turnout with a detachable neck cover.
Yes your right our weather conditions are definitely no where near as harsh as yours, we get down to -5 degrees Celsius in winter and as hot as 45 degrees Celsius in summer.

Growing up as a kid here , all our rugs were canvas rugs it wasnt until the late 90s that synthetic rugs came onto the market here. Your only problem in buying from overseas will be the postage. it may end up costing you as much as the cost of the rug is.

Bucas makes great rugs , but here, they are Very expensive.

Good luck on your quest
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back