whips

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I searched the forum for this topic and I guess all the back posts have been removed.

I lost my whip and need to buy another. I cannot find the receipt to tell exactly which it was and from which company I got it. I know I got the whip holder and whip from the same company. I think it was about $60. I have receipts for everything--except the whip!!

I'm using my old dressage whip, but it is not really long enough for driving.

Can you please share your whip experiences and preferences?

I love my whip from MCR. Ultra light and so easy to carry. They aren't cheap however I figured I'm not going to buy another soon so spending the extra was worth it. Meredith was great to work with, too. She helped a lot with getting the right size for my mini

With shipping mine was around $90.

http://www.mcrwhips.us/index.html

Well, I ended up ordering one from Big Dee. Some online sites did not have good photos, the correct length, or the ferrel was wrong. I called one company and got an answering machine. She did return my call the next day, but I'd already ordered a whip. If I don't like the Big Dee one, I will try another company.

Thanks for the suggestion, dalver63. I will keep that in my Bookmark file for future reference.

I'm pretty satisfied with my Big Dee whip. It isn't on the web site, but in the catalog. Listed as a miniature driving whip. Fits my whip holder and has a pretty good balance and weight. I can't reach the shoulder with it, but I've found that, for me, the longer whips, 48", are too unwieldy. My whip cues are usually rump taps to aid in turns and gait changes, so it works for me.

Latest posts

Back