Are we getting close?!?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting.....really thought the baby would be here by now. Poor Bluebell looks miserable! Momma is due for a worming, should I do it now? Use like a safe guard or wait till after? I have read do it right after birth but the lady at our animal health store said u don't want to do anything after birth to change the taste of the milk.

I'd wait since she's so close to delivery, and you want to worm her within 24 hours of delivery, as it can help with foals scours during the time momma goes into her foal heat. Many people find the immediate worming very helpful in keeping baby from getting such severe diarrhea during momma's first heat cycle and it is safe for baby, so no worries.

The waiting is the hardest part of this, but keep a good eye on her, as you want to be there to help her if you're needed. As soon as the little one arrives, you'll forget how tired the waiting has been. Hang in there, she's coming along just fine.

Starting to get worried....still no foal. Bluebell is eating like there is no tomorrow. I am starting to think I just have a fat mare with big boobs. Lol!

Can you post a couple of new pictures?

They make us wait, and I think they just spend their time laughing at us -- while they hold out until they just can't any longs.

The nice thing is, we know they can't hold that baby inside forever! In the end.....WE WIN!!

She look(ed) pretty good in the side/udder view. I'm thinking the foal isn't too far off, though I have had a hard time predicting my own, so...

Like mine, she'll foal when she's ready... No, guess I'm not all that fun, right now...

Here was our mare when I said she'd foal w/i 24/48 hours... We didn't have her background history w/ # days carried or what her body/udder looked like at the time of foaling and we didn't have breeding dates for her either.

15dec25kla103417.jpg

15dec25kla120730.jpg

15dec25kla103312.jpg

and our Christmas late delivery the next morning!

15dec26filly104240ju.jpg

I do have the history on another mare - so if I know her 1st and last breeding dates, I can have a pretty accurate tell of when she's going to foal... Still maddening, though!

She is looking wonderful, I can see that baby has moved forward slightly. Her milk bar is looking great too.

Its just a waiting game now , i know thats the last thing you want to hear but it will be totally worth it when baby is safely on the ground.

If this was me , Id be sleeping in the barn tonight , keep a close eye on her I dont think it will be much longer now
default_smile.png

Keep her under close eye. She's really looking so close, and we know it's tiring, but it is so worth it to be most careful in these last days! Gotta be there if she needs you!

Keep us posted! Praying for an uneventful delivery of a healthy little one!!

It looks like she is changing yet again, it looks like by her tail is pointed.

Thanks, Jamie

Come on Mama, come on baby!!

It's time, we want to see what's hiding.

Cheering section - can't find the smiley/emoji/emoticon that I want!!

default_thumbup.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_closedeyes.gif
default_impatient.jpg
:impatient:
default_poke.gif
default_poke.gif
default_impatient.jpg
:impatient:
default_closedeyes.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_thumbup.gif

She sounds like things are really in gear! Come on little momma !! Now, don't take your eyes off of her!

We are getting anxious! We are beyond ready and starting to really wonder what she is working on in there!

Latest posts

Back