Are we getting close?!?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, looking like she will deliver soon!! ??

Oh she is big. Pretty girl. Reminds me of my Patty. Can't wait to see what she has!

She looks like baby is pretty close to being in great position with baby almost forward-of-center, and a nice "V" going. And that udder looks really good -- just a wee bit of nipple filling. She should elongate a bit more, but she can do that very quickly.

I'm thinking within a week - 10 days, but she looks like if she decides it time -- she can go very safely!

Keep us posted, and we're all praying for an uneventful delivery of a healthy little one! Come on little momma -- we're all waiting anxiously to see what you've been cooking!

I won't be surprised to read an announcement any time she thinks it's "time" !!

Last edited:
I hope she doesn't come tonight as here in Ohio, we have a snow/hail/wind/rain storm
default_no.gif

I think she'll elongate a bit more, but that can change very quickly, so keep watching her. She looks great!

I know how you're feeling! Good job on keeping a close eye on her, she will have the baby when she's ready (or so I've been told many times on here ;) )

Yes, they can be a bit maddening, but so important to watch to be there if she needs some help. We ALL know what you're going through! Hang in there!!

Oh, I like what I'm seeing! Nice "V" going, baby looks lined us, and udder moving ahead. I'd be watching her so carefully now, because udder may not fill until delivery, but all the other things are looking good.

Can you pull her tail to the side and show us how she's elongating, please? She should be "relaxing" and making a nice way for baby to exit!

No problem, maybe her attitude will change more favorable as she nears delivery. Some mares become really "clingy" just before delivery. But if you get a peek, just look for looseness and length in her elongation. Think of it as needing to have enough "looseness and length" to let this little one pit!

Still waiting anxiously. I feel that we have prepared ourselves the best we can for the birth of our new little one, but I have not looked ahead for care for the baby once born. I looked quickly.......are there any good forums on here for care of baby once born? Anything special or different I need to do to care for the little one? I have heard that physical touch is necessary daily to get them use to human contact......anything else?

are there any good forums on here for care of baby once born?
Yes, please post all of your questions about your new foal on the main Miniature Horse Forum.
default_yes.gif
There are many, MANY people with experience that can share stories and offer helpful and useful tips and information regarding raising your new foals into healthy, well-adjusted members of the herd and your family.

Latest posts

Back