HC Minis - 2016 foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll try again today to add pictures, my computer locked up last night when I tried.

I took these a couple days ago, the girls had just woke up from their afternoon naps, so you'll have to excuse the bed head look.

This is Bonny, she looks to be the closest of the girls.

Bonny - 4-29-2016 - behind.jpg

bonny - 4-29-2016 - front.jpg

Bonny - 4-29-16 - udder.jpg

Her udder is firm with two distinct halves, not a whole lot of filling, yet.

Thank you, Diane, I think she's quite photogenic, even with my poor camera skills.

default_smile.png
Fingers crossed
default_smile.png

Could've just been grime, but Bonny had what looked a bit like wax on her teats this morning. I tested her with foal strips (forget the name), she's testing around 7, couldn't really pick an exact number, the color looked from 6.8 to 7.2, so I'll say 7.

she's looking good! And I feel the same way about her that you feel about our "Kechi"!!

She could come down here with us anytime...

Looks like while I've been busy the last few days, Tana has done a bit of shopping and her bag is almost as full as Bonny's is. Still not much on Misty, and I didn't have the chance to check Showy.

Nothing much new to report. Tana has done a little shopping, so is about caught up with Bonny. Showy doesn't like her belly touched, so I don't check her too often. And, there is a chance that Misty is open, she is the thinnest this spring that I've ever seen her, she is offered plenty to eat, so shouldn't be lack of feed.

Holy crap have we got spots, and I think I already have a name... so, meet Spotty, He11 Coulee Tanas Spots on Top

Tana and foal - May 23, 2016 - 1.jpgTana and foal - May 23, 2016 - 2.jpgTana and foal - May 23, 2016 -stripe.jpg

I'm thinking bay dun, but might be just bay, and it's a colt. Look at those legs.

He was already up and going when I got out there, haven't actually seen it, but pretty sure he's pood and peed, and he's had a dose of the OTC colostrum supplement.

He's adorable ! I don't remember but did the sire have appy or was it the dam. She doesn't look appy.
Thank you.His dam, Tana, is by a leopard appy stallion, she only shows characteristics. Her 2012 colt by the same stallion only shows characteristics, but a bit more so than Tana. I had no idea she could throw so much color by a solid stallion (we suspect he's a minimal splash, but haven't tested)

2 to 4 more to go; two for sure look and act pregnant, the other two I'm just not sure about.

Um... WOW.

I guess it's the year for color!! I hadn't realized Tana had appaloosa characteristics...
Yes, she does, but with her silver bay dun coloration, they don't show up much, except in her face; mottled nose and eye scelera. Let's see if I have a pic of her face.

Ok, so it's it's momma looking over baby, but you can still see her speckled nose:

Spotty - tana and foal - May 23, 2016 - 3.jpg

Congratulations Chanda , he is a lovely looking boy and spots to boot
default_smile.png
To be honest, I've not been much of a spots fan, but this guy has me over the moon. He's a little toot; doesn't care much for the handling necessary to put his blanket on and off, didn't care for the handling necessary to dip his navel, doesn't care handling in general. It'll come, his full brother kicked me every day for 2 weeks starting at around 2-3 weeks old; stopped as quickly as it started.

Last edited by a moderator:
The two remaining girls must be crossing their legs cause they sure don't seem to be moving forward. Perhaps this week's ever changing weather will get them in gear; rainy one day, nice the next, then rainy, then nice. It's circling around us.

[i also have two maybes, but they are looking more like no's than maybes.]

Spotty is doing great.

This evening's update...

Showy is butt pressing and looks to have a little wax on her leg, couldn't see anything on her udder, but since she's a touch me not, it's hard to check.

Bonny is at 6.4 and has wax and easily streams when her udder is touched. So, perhaps by morning, but mostly likely before weekend is out.

Latest posts

Back