Maiden mare size

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can feel baby now (174 days) but it's still "am I/aren't I" really. I feel wee flutters and bumps.
I think I've felt something a few times but then I just think it's maybe her digestion since she only lets me feel really good when she's eating.

If I put my arms around belly with fingers interlaced right in front of udder, I could feel light kicks and rolls at about five months. Try if about 15 minutes into the mare eating. Now, my mares are due in April and can visibility see the baby kicking if watch long enough and mares is standing still.
I will try that, thanks!! So exciting

234 days going by last breed date!

She was NOT happy when I tried to feel baby yesterday!

image.jpeg

Such a pretty girl!!! And looking a bit lopsided, which is exactly what we want to see!

Thanks!! Trying to keep my excitement under control.

Not possible when we are all just as excited as you are
default_smile.png

Question: Tinkerbell will be 300 days just as I am leaving for a 4 day trip to ride my other horse in Bryce Canyon. Since delivery/foaling is unpredictable and I've read to watch mini's after 300 days, I'm wondering if I should pay to have her stay at the vets just in case. But that is $140 I could use to pay for the foaling package as well. Since she's maiden I am planning on having her stay at the vet when it gets close and deliver there. Thoughts? What would you do?

If your going to do a foaling package, why not ask if you can split it? Pay the $140 and have her stay while you're gone. If she foals before you get back, pay the balance. If she...ahem...*snicker, snort*...doesn't look like she's ready to foal bring her home and they credit that $140 to the package. If she foals at home after your trip.....

TOUGH LUCK CHUCK AND ENJOY YOUR NEW FOAL!!

ROFLMAO bwaahaaahaahaaahaaaa!!!

Do me a favor. Take a picture standing behind her looking toward her head, and squat down right at her level. Then, take a full side shot right down at her level. And if you can, let's see a picture of her udder -- although that's not as important.

When is your trip? If we see some pictures, we should be able to see how baby is laying and where it's positioned, to see if its moving into position for delivery. She will become slab-sided as baby lines up, so we should be able to "guesstimate" where she is in regards to if baby is ready and lined up for delivery, and help you save some $$

Diane,

My trip isn't until the end of April, so when it's close I will be sure to take those pics. Thanks so much!

Latest posts

Back