Cayuse

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Interests:Big Horses
    Little Horses
    and Ponies!!!

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:38 PM

Good thing I measured Cappy before ordering the Kingston cart. He grew! He officially to big by 1.75 inches and just too rotund through the middle for the shaft width. He is 31.75 inches. When we got him he was just a hair under 30. Dang!
Marsha, I haven't had a chance to show Dan the picture yet. I will try tonight.
  • jeanniecogan likes this

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#812 Cayuse

Cayuse

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
    Little Horses
    and Ponies!!!

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:28 PM

Marsha, I finally got to show Dan the picture. He pointed out that since I am using one cart on two horses it won't work because they both need to be in a slightly different spot in the cart. I didn't think of that. But that you very much for the offer.
I hope that your back is improving. The TENs unit is a device that give electrical impulses to calm the nerves and help with pain. It is a patch with an electrode in it that you place on the sore area. It has a control box and you can adjust it to what is comfortable for you. It tingles and feels "zingy" but doesn't hurt.

We went to a show today and I am all pooped out. I don't think I will be driving for a couple of days.
  • Marsha Cassada and jeanniecogan like this

#813 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,254 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:28 PM

Dapper Dan introduced another child to driving today.  Grand daughter of our neighbor.  She has been over before to sit on him, but this time she got to "drive".  She didn't want to quit; we got tired before she did.

Attached Thumbnails

• DD and Tekowa.jpg

• jeanniecogan, KLJcowgirl, Cayuse and 1 other like this

#814 MajorClementine

MajorClementine

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:59 PM

MajorClem, did you ever get your French link snaffle and try it out? If you did, how did it go?
Oh, and I sent you a pm a week or so ago, I dunno if it went through, my computer being temperamental like it is!!!!!
It must be nice to have the horses home.

I think I found a cart for Cappy. It is a Kingston cart like my other one but it is scaled down for minis under thirty inches. My other Kingston cart is just a tad large for him so this might be just right.
The wheel base in narrower, but the cart is lower so I think it should be as stable as my other one. If anybody has a thought on that feel free to comment. My husband will be!the one using most, I think. He just mostly!walks and trots!a small amount.
The cart is lighter, too.

I had a nice little drive with him yesterday. He stills chomps a lot!when we first!start!out but gets over it.
I may need to play around with bits, but I am putting that off as he is trying pretty hard to get thing right in !most other aspects.
This ! is too much !

I did get my french link and I've only tried it out a few times. I do feel like I have more directional control with it. She seems happy in it her head and mouth is more calm with this bit. I am happy with it and we'll see if I can get more collection with it.

I'll check for that PM. I may have missed it. I'm a bit slow sometimes.

With this minis at the house I'm able to work with them more and it's great. I spent 2 hours bathing them on Thursday so they could go roll in the dust right after  :GiveUp I did get Clem clipped again though and Major isn't an itchy dust ball anymore so that's good. Totally worth the 2 hours right...?

• jeanniecogan, Cayuse, jventresca and 1 other like this

Happy in farm country with DH and our beautiful son
-also living with-
"Major" Black & White Pinto Gelding 
"Clementine" Bay Mare - amazing driving horse

#815 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,254 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:31 PM

Marsha, I finally got to show Dan the picture. He pointed out that since I am using one cart on two horses it won't work because they both need to be in a slightly different spot in the cart. I didn't think of that. But that you very much for the offer.
I hope that your back is improving. The TENs unit is a device that give electrical impulses to calm the nerves and help with pain. It is a patch with an electrode in it that you place on the sore area. It has a control box and you can adjust it to what is comfortable for you. It tingles and feels "zingy" but doesn't hurt.

We went to a show today and I am all pooped out. I don't think I will be driving for a couple of days.

No problem!  I have a dedicated harness and sulky for the quick hitch so it works for me.

• Cayuse likes this

#816 jeanniecogan

jeanniecogan

Can't stop now

• PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:miniature horses. miniature horse driving. cde, adt etc.

i also love trail riding and trail driving.

and yes, i used to drive a gray arab what a horse he was!!!!

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:41 PM

my hubby went for a ride with me with my wagon.  he has never wanted to do that so it was a very happy day for me.

• Marsha Cassada, Cayuse and jventresca like this

#817 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,254 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

my hubby went for a ride with me with my wagon.  he has never wanted to do that so it was a very happy day for me.

That is very cool!   I've been driving for more than 15 years and mine has only been in the cart once.  He will build fences, dig water lines, buy shelters--but he isn't a horse guy and just isn't that comfortable around them.

• jeanniecogan and Cayuse like this

#818 Cayuse

Cayuse

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
    Little Horses
    and Ponies!!!

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:18 AM

Wishing you many more buggy rides with your husband, Jeannie!    

Edited by Cayuse, 14 August 2017 - 10:21 AM.

• jeanniecogan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users