Donald Trump is a Hoot

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people oppose American companies moving their production out of the country for cheap labor (and way less regulatory costs), employing illegals is basically the same concept since it's already been stated that they send much of their income earned here back home. American companies sending their production out of the country does lower costs for the consumers, yes us....but we don't like it and we shouldn't. So many regulations need to be changed that can keep companies here, employing citizens here and not rising the cost of products/services because of regulations, the same applies to farmers. I honestly don't know what Trumps plan is for that, I'd have to research it....and I will before I make my ultimate decision.

Yes illegals bring in some tax revenue but even Wikipedia will tell you it doesn't offset the cost they are using in social programs. I'm all for immigrants coming here, but legally. There is a reason the process is not easy but it's not unattainable.

From what I understand this wall he speaks of would be paid for by the cost of fees from crossings. Something does have to be done.

Trumps basic tax plan lowers everyone's % of taxes, a lot actually, so he's not talking about raising taxes on anyone except companies that import.

I am not a Trump supporter at this point (I haven't decided yet) but he does have some good ideas. He is flamboyant and a narcissist, not what I would consider "presidential material" but I'm not ruling him out either. His "I don't care what you thing attitude" is refreshing and also scary at the same time, I do think he has a short fuse. I do believe if anyone can financially get this country back on its feet it's probably him, he is a genius when it comes to $ and financial dealings.

I will agree you are right about the younger generation being lazy here...everyone expects to get their bachelors/masters (for free) and sit behind a cushy desk...that's not reality, there are only so many of those jobs available.

We have done this to ourselves basically, pushing that everyone must go to college, blah blah blah. They get to their university and within a year have been indoctrinated into a certain line of thinking/behavior. What about trades? There is a lot of money to be made in those fields, and a shortage of candidates. I have a nephew who is 24 and making 6 figures as a farrier, yes he went to school but a trade school, it was just a few months and pretty inexpensive compared to universities. If I had a child right now I would be encouraging them for a trade...plumber, electrician, a specialized field....not a 4 year liberal arts degree that most are getting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I admire Hispanics and have admired them for a long time. One of my first jobs was working as a clerk in a mini-mart/liquor store next to the fields in southern California in the late 70's. Pretty much all the customers were field workers. We shared no common language but they were the nicest people; they came in early and stopped back at the store very late--sweaty, dirty and still polite: "cerveza and uno pack Marlboros, please."

More recently we had to have our roof replaced. The labor was Mexican. I pretty much don't like any stranger coming to our property, but I trusted these people; gut feeling or whatever. They worked hard in the heat and were just really decent people despite the language barrier.

But... however much I might like them as individuals, somehow the terminology has changed. What used to be illegal is now "undocumented." Why do we have laws if we (they) aren't going to obey them. I have no problem whatsoever if we bring in immigrants under some sort of agreed upon legal system. ...preferably with some analysis on how much it would cost if they were to need government services. The US is up to its butt in debt; my personal opinion is that we should stop spending. We cannot afford to legalize a huge population influx that has the potential to contain people that will need government support.

AngC do not take this post personal at all....but your post is a perfect example of political correctness gone amok, we all do it and don't even realize it, I do it also. Here is why....before you stated you oppose illegal immigration you felt you had to explain to others that you don't hate immigrants (Mexicans in this case). You shouldn't have to do that. Just because you oppose something doesn't mean you hate those involved. Gay marriage is a perfect example....if one doesn't agree with it, they are labeled haters and that is not the case at all. But no matter what one says on a controversial subject when they don't follow the "agenda", they will always be labeled...it doesn't matter how they try to explain their position, it is the only argument the other side has.

Oh you don't like illegal immigration...you hate Mexicans...you oppose gay marriage...you are a hater...don't care for Obama...again you are a racist and hate blacks....don't like Hilary...you are a sexist.

No one should have to justify their position on a personal level.

Last edited by a moderator:
This probably has nothing to do with the topic but I found it interesting. Today at work my customer was an older veteran who wanted to buy beer. I paged a shift leader to approve the sale and she apologized for taking so long to get to my register. The veteran told her not to apologize because that shows weakness. His statement gave me something to think about.

I don't think apologizing shows weakness but I guess it depends on what you're apologizing for. Saying you are sorry for inconveniencing someone is not weakness IMO but apologizing because of your personal opinion, probably...no one should have to do that if that's what you are referring to Lucky Seven. I've said these words in an opinionated discussion "sorry, but...." I suppose that does weaken my position. I may have even said it here on this post...lol.

Sonya, I took it this way, by going to all these nations and nationalities and apologizing for our actions as a country we are showing way too much weakness. This is one of the campaign items that Mr. Trump is running on, Obama goes around apologizing to everyone for what we as a nation have done instead of standing up and showing pride in what we have done to keep this planet safe. I'm proud to be an American and thank every service man or woman who comes to my line that's why I liked what that old veteran said.

This probably has nothing to do with the topic but I found it interesting. Today at work my customer was an older veteran who wanted to buy beer. I paged a shift leader to approve the sale and she apologized for taking so long to get to my register. The veteran told her not to apologize because that shows weakness. His statement gave me something to think about.
uhhh, why would an "older" veteran have be approved to buy beer?

AngC do not take this post personal at all....but your post is a perfect example of political correctness gone amok, we all do it and don't even realize it, I do it also. Here is why....before you stated you oppose illegal immigration you felt you had to explain to others that you don't hate immigrants (Mexicans in this case). You shouldn't have to do that. Just because you oppose something doesn't mean you hate those involved. Gay marriage is a perfect example....if one doesn't agree with it, they are labeled haters and that is not the case at all. But no matter what one says on a controversial subject when they don't follow the "agenda", they will always be labeled...it doesn't matter how they try to explain their position, it is the only argument
I didn't take it personal in the least. But you're right; I was trying not to offend anyone here. I fully recognized my attempted PC-edness while I was typing. The only thing I missed was claiming that I had a best friend that was Hispanic/Mexican.

I don't.

But I admired those guys that did our roof. They worked really long days when it was pretty darn hot outdoors. And they did a good job.

Does that mean I think we should give a free citizenship pass to all Mexicans simply because I met a handful that were nice guys with a good work ethic? Well, no. In my opinion, we should pay for what we have in the country now (without going more into debt) and then if we have some cash left over we could consider more immigrants.

AngC, as a cashier I can't sell beer without approval from the shift leaders, it's a state law. Customers get a kick about a 66 yo cashier getting approvals from 20 somethings!

AngC, as a cashier I can't sell beer without approval from the shift leaders, it's a state law. Customers get a kick about a 66 yo cashier getting approvals from 20 somethings!
Really? I guess Washington state is full of unapproved drunks. If we want beer here, we just buy it; they're supposed to check id's but if you're old like I am, they never do.

Funny thing they don't check debit cards either. When I'm lazy and coax the husband into going to the convenience store I just give him my card (with my female name; plus I believe he looks pretty much male) he scribbles on the electronic signature doo-hickey and they accept it? (kind of scary, actually.)

Bumping this back up before the shelf life on the Back Yard runs out. I really don't have anything pertinent to the subject to contribute. If a poll were taken about him and the choices were :

GOOD ___

BAD ___

...and you were told to check 1 of them I would not be able to participate. Maybe the sky is falling since for once I do not have an opinion other than surely with all his money he could find a stylist to improve the hair.

... If a poll were taken about him and the choices were :

GOOD ___

BAD ___

...and you were told to check 1 of them I would not be able to participate. Maybe the sky is falling since for once I do not have an opinion other than surely with all his money he could find a stylist to improve the hair.
Yup, he has ugly hair. So do I.It's sad that he is looking like a potential choice, if you don't want someone like Hillary. At least he's told fewer lies than she.

He's not looking so good to me now, he was in Vermont last night, even though I didn't go or intend to I listened with interest to comments from some that did. The first part of his talk, he was all about himself, how good he is. then I guess, for the rest of his talk all he did was bad mouth the other republicans runninig. If this is the best the republicans can do, then we will have atleast 4 years of Hillary. I wish the news people would give equal time to everyone else.

Some said they didn't think he was a serious candidate, just in it to further his businesses.

He wasn't my first choice as the GOP nominee, and maybe still isn't. He's growing on me and I will enthusiastically support and vote for whoever gets the GOP nomination. More than ever, there is NO good choice from the left.

He is not going to bypass the next debate like he did the last. Sometimes you just gotta ignore your inner petulant child.
default_new_rofl.gif

Latest posts

Back