History

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never ma'am any one because I personally hate being addressed as such. If I call you ma'am it is only because you are being extremely annoying and I am saying ma'am because smacking you upside the head isn't legal....it is an expression of my annoyance and I am hoping you find it intensely irritating too!

Miranda Lambert in one of her songs basically expresses her similar feelings with a hearty "Bless Yore Heart."

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the terms ma'am and sir at work. I'm a cashier and since I don't know my customer's by name, this is my way of showing respect. If I can tell what branch of the service a person has been in, I thank them for their service. This is something I do every shift, not wait for Veterns day.

I was taught sir and ma'am was respectful and I do use it. I don't mind being called ma'am....but I loathe being called sir! I actually get that a lot, no my voice is not deep or scratchy but my profession is dominated by men so pilots often call me sir...it's quite annoying!

Latest posts

Back