Maiden mare unknown due date

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baylee08

Reaction score
Hello all new to the forum. I have two maidens Baylee and Spice. Baylee delivered a healthy filly on 5/29 at 315 days. As for Spice she was with the same stallion a week before Baylee. Using 7/11/2014 as a starting date Spice could be around 326 days. She was still romancing the stallion in September.

Sorry for the poor pictures, I am working with an I Pad. Pictures were taken on 5/23.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hey Baylee08,

Welcome to the forum
default_smile.png

Lovely mares that you have , congratulations on the arrival Baylees Filly , she is lovely , glad they are both doing great.

Spice looks to be progressing wonderfully. I don't think you will be waiting till August to see a baby from Spice. Some mares will let the stallion still breed them even when pregnant. Perfect set of pictures for all of us to have a look at.

She has started shopping for milk supplies in these pics. Have you noticed any other changes to her udder since the 23/5 if these pics were from that date.

Welcome once again , If you have ANY questions at all , don't hesitate to ask, everyone is lovely on here and will help answer your questions.

Cheers Ryan

Beautiful girls, and congratulations on your new baby! VERY pretty, and would love to see more pictures of her!!

Looks like Spice is moving along very nicely, with udder development. Do you have some recent pictures of her if these are from last month? She looks like she's moving forward towards a June little one for sure!

Here is a picture of the stallion and a couple more of the new filly. Any guesses on her color. Mom is a silver bay and dad is black/white pintaloosa.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Definite progression in the udder department. As you can see its filling nicely
default_smile.png
Id be keeping a close eye on her and watch for any changes in her behaviour . When did you notice that she was starting her udder?

That's a lovely filly , have you chosen a name for her yet ? As to her colour , I am hopeless with that so will leave to the colour experts..........

I think there is the silver gene working in that pretty little one, especially with that "white" mane and tail. And with your stallion being a pintaloosa, and those baby hooves being already striped and with what looks to be some white eyelashes (could be sclera starting to show), I think your looking at appaloosa genes having traveled down into baby!! How cool!!

So I'm going to guess a silver black pintaloosa.

And Spice looks like she's moving ahead nicely. Baby still laying wide, udder developing nicely, so not much longer.

All looking good!!

She's looking good. Got a way to go in elongation, and certainly the udder (which we don't count on much), but many things can change quickly.

She's so pretty!!

Latest posts

Back